Hi, my name is Edgar! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Edgar!

Options
Edgar
Edgar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Elaine I had a stroke in Feb I lost the use of my left side. Iam getting onto my feet very slowly but doing OK. At the I have got edenma in both legs the are swollen and very sore. Can any one tell me what I can do to make them better again
Thank you 

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Edgar

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you had a stroke. as for your adema this is medical problem, that has most likely to have been caused by your Stroke.

first have you made you GP aware of this? that is the first and most important thing to do. have a look at link below, it will give you some facts about this condition and how you can help reduce the issues by yourself at home.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/oedema/

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Edgar. I'm afraid as we're not medical experts we wouldn't be able to advise about this, but you're very welcome here on the community. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Edgar welcome to the community. Perhaps you could talk to your GP? Let us know how you get on. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Edgar and welcome to the community. Recovery can be tough but immensely worth it. If you've not had it already, then it's definitely worth speaking to your GP about being referred to a physiotherapist :) I wish you well in your recovery!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Edgar and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your health struggles as this must be extremely difficult for you.  As the others have advised, your best bet is to speak to your GP about this and please let us know how you get on.  I hope you feel better soon.  The Community is here to support you so please feel free to chat to us anytime and if there is anything we can help you with then please just let us  know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness