Hi, my name is caroline_scope! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is caroline_scope!

Caroline_Scope
Caroline_Scope Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hello! My name is Caroline and I'm one of the advisers on the Helpline team. I've been answering calls since June, learning loads and having some really interesting conversations. Before I came to Scope, I worked on a technical team at an energy company. When I wasn't on the phone there, I was a Mental Health First Aider offering a listening ear to my colleagues. I was also volunteering at two different projects supporting mental health. One was a survivor-led crisis helpline; the other focussed on helping children develop resilience and self-confidence while enjoying exercise on their own terms. I've been reading Community posts for all this time and thought it was time to say hello! 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @caroline_scope   Pleasure to meet you.

I am one of the team of community champions.

Thank you for supporting the community. 

Hope I can be helping and supporting you in any thing.

Please ask any thing.   Love to be working with you.

I have mental health issues my self with a disability.  Also an addiction history been clean twelve years.

Use that to help and support be compassionate to the members of our community.

Have empathy and sensitivity . Care and concern.

Been called Recipe King the Community chef and may I add sometimes fashionista and lifestyle guru.  lol...

All always have my Christianity.  

I hope you enjoy being part of the team wish you well.

Any time short of ideas for cooking anything.  Always here.

Pleased to meet you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @caroline_scope welcome to the Scope family.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Brilliant to have you with us @caroline_scope!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caroline_scope and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board and thank you for sharing with us.  So glad you are enjoying your time with us and I am sure you are making a really valuable contribution to Scope with your work.  You sound like a really busy lady and have had lots of great experience which will stand you in good stead for working here too.  I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to seeing you on the Community.  It will be good to read future posts from you too.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caroline_scope and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Caroline_Scope
    Caroline_Scope Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    What a lovely welcome! Thank you all! It's so nice to be able to say hi after having read so many interesting and helpful threads. I love how our community is so supportive, caring, encouraging and empathetic. You all make it the place it is. 

And @thespiceman, I love cooking too. I read your recipe posts and my mouth waters!
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @caroline_scope    :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you. and welcome to the team. whom I have to say do a wonderful job.

I must admit our community is the best, I really enjoy chatting to people. I also have learnt so much.

@connie00   :) 

Brightness