When will LCWRA start? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will LCWRA start?

Options
vaughan21
vaughan21 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was awarded lcwra on the 19th november 2019 I sent my first sick note in st the end of August when shall i expect my award to start n will be backdated I'm confused 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @vaughan21   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members who join community.

Please can I ask have you spoken to the DWP.? They should be able to tell you when your award starts.

There will be a contact  number on any correspondence your received .

Please if it helps you contact them or speak to CAB  your local office.

They have expertise, knowledge on benefits.

Please if we can help further. Please ask, some one will know a member of our team or community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • vaughan21
    Options
    Yes I spoke to them and they said it will be January but what is confusing me is where it says online it starts from the first medical evidence so is that a sick note 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's a 3 month waiting period for LCWRA from when you reported the health condition. LCWRA then starts on the 4th full assessment period after this. As UC is paid in arrears you'll receive your first payment at the end of the 4th full assessment period. As you sent in your fit note at the end of August, it will depend on when your assessment period is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vaughan21
    Options
    Will it backdated 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unfortunately not because there's nothing to backdate because of the 3 month waiting period rules. If the decision had taken longer than that then of course it would have been backdated.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • vaughan21
    Options
    Well what about when I was in hospital in August I didn't receive anything apart from just uc 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The 3 month waiting period still applies and your LCWRA element will not start until the 4th full assessment period. Because of those rules then there is no backdated money owed i'm afraid.
  • vaughan21
    Options
    Well when it says it's from your first medical evidence what is that because I sent sick note in August n also filled out uc 50 booklet is not from then because if so January will be 5th month 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2019
    Options
    What you're reading online can be confusing if you don't read it correctly.

It means that the 3 month waiting period will begin when you provide evidence of a condition. Once you sent that the waiting period starts. It doesn't mean that you'll receive the extra backdated to when you first sent medical evidence.

Once that 3 month waiting period ends the LCWRA will be added but because UC is paid in arrears then you won't receive it until the 4th full assessment period.

• laustin
    laustin Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    hi had my wca in febuary last year 2018 on my report it said prognosis 16 months then said re referal 12 months  any idea when im to expect the forms fo wca many thanks

• poppy123456
    Options
    laustin said:
    hi had my wca in febuary last year 2018 on my report it said prognosis 16 months then said re referal 12 months  any idea when im to expect the forms fo wca many thanks

Hi,

The timescales given are purely a guide only and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.