Hi, my name is Michael — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michael

Stodel
Stodel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone, hope everyone is well.my life changed this year,so any help or advice would be superb.

Comments

• Stodel
    Stodel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I suffered life changing injures after a motorcycle accident early this year.
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @Stodel welcome to the scope online community. My name is Tammy and I'm one of the volunteer community champions here on the site. I'm here to help and support people. I hope you find the site helpful and feel free to take a look around ?
    You stated above that your life has changed this year and you would like advice. What advice would you like? I will try my best to help.
    Tammy 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Stodel    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that please if I can help with anything. Please get in touch.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please have a look around our forum, we are friendly.

Please ask any questions happy to answer be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stodel - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm very sorry to read about your accident; it must be very difficult in going from being fine one day, to having disabilities the next. Are you wondering how others have managed to cope in a similar situation?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Stodel. What sort of advice are you looking for? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stodel and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear about your accident.  I can only imagine that when this happens it can be very upsetting and life-changing.  I was born disabled so don't know any other life myself.  I am sure you may find some members on here who have had a similar experience and who may want to share this with you.  I hope you don't mind, but I looked this up online to see if there were any organisations or resources who could help and I came across this website if you would like to have a look:-

https://healthtalk.org/londoners-experiences-life-changing-injuries/support

The Community is here to support you also so please chat to us anytime.  We are a friendly bunch of people and are very supportive of each other.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness