Hi, my name is Jan58! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jan58!

Options
Jan58
Jan58 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, looking for some help . My husband has moderate to severe m e.  15 years down the line and we are struggling to get help.  My husband is 90% housebound with a gp who isn't interested. Have written a letter to the practice manager today and looking for support .   

Comments

• TwistedSista
    TwistedSista Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    Hi Jan58,Do you have any social (adult)service involvement or occupational health/physio for your husband,they can be a mine of information regarding assistance within the home as well as support centres/groups from the community to give you some respite even just for a couple of hours.You can refer your husband yourself with adult services through your local authority,get them to access as much help as you can.I hope that this will help you a little.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jan58 - Welcome to this community. I'm so very sorry to read about your husband's problems, & your GP's lack of support. Might you look at seeing another GP in the practice, if that's available, or look to move to another practice to find a more understanding GP?
    @TwistedSista has given great advice. You can apply for a needs assessment by social services here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services
    Please know that you now belong to a very supportive community, & that others may join in to give additional advice too.

Brightness