Am I supposed to pay full council tax. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I supposed to pay full council tax.

Sunflower25
Sunflower25 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi I'm on pip for severe mental health . Do i pay full council tax as I've heard some are exempt if on pip. Or do I pay full council tax. Thankyou.

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    I’d like to ask the same question. I have Epilepsy, memory loss and Psychosis and receive PIP.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. Only those that are severely mentally impaired are exempt from council tax and to claim this you need your GP to fill out a form. Otherwise all local councils have their own criteria but most have to pay something towards their council tax. I claim PIP and ESA and i have to pay a small amount each month. It also depends on your financial circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sunflower25
    Sunflower25 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Thank you poppy. And hello.?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. You maybe entitled to a reduction in your council tax band too but as i advised, you'll need to contact your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.