Hi, my name is glasgowgirl! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is glasgowgirl!

Options
glasgowgirl
glasgowgirl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi looking for advice. I have a severely disabled sister who has both physical and learning disabilities. She has a care package in place which works reasonably well until this afternoon. Her support worker left her on her own in her home as the support worker said my sister was “ agitated and annoyed” We do not leave my sister alone at any time as she is such a high fall risk. A text was sent by the care provider at 1pm to my other sister but wasn’t picked up til 4pm, my disabled sister had been alone and crying since 1pm. We have stressed before that they must phone a member of family if no reply to text. We are horrified that this has happened but the care provider say that she was “left in a safe environment “ The attitude of the manager was breathtakingly awful. We have a meeting with them first thing tomorrow and I am contacting the care commission and her social worker. Do you think this is acceptable behaviour 
Thank you 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @glasgowgirl and I'm so sorry this has happened to your sister. This is unacceptable behaviour and I really hope the appointment tomorrow ends with a positive result!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • glasgowgirl
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words
    i will keep you updated 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @glasgowgirl Hello and welcome to the community I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. This is by no means acceptable behaviour and I am pleased to hear you are taking your concerns further. I hope the meeting goes ok and keep us updated 
  • glasgowgirl
    Options
    Thank you
    the case has been referred to the care inspectorate 
    will keep you posted
    thank you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @glasgowgirl - Thank you for the update. My best wishes to you all.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @glasgowgirl and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to your sister and I agree that this is unacceptable also and I hope your meeting with the carers goes well.  I can imagine how upsetting this must have been for your family and your sister especially and I hope she is ok now.  Please let us know how things go and if we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness