Thought I introduce myself as I am quite new. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thought I introduce myself as I am quite new.

lostone87
lostone87 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited February 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hello my user name is Lostone (I used it for many years, since mid 2000's)  I am 32 years old and live in the lovely UK. Been Diagnosed with Asperger's and have Depression and Anxiety.

My interest's are playing games, Point and click, FPS. My all time favourite games are Portal, Half life, Metro, Limbo, Abe's exodus, Sybria, Myst, Riven, Full throttle, etc.

I love mostly old moves, Horror, Sci-fi. Love the Alien movie's, Terminator 2, VHS, Brain dead, Evil Dead 2, Cabin in the woods, Shawn of the dead, Mad max.

I delve in some TV shows but I have a short tension span but these held my interest the most, X-Files, Breaking bad, Black Sails.

I love art, I like drawing with Ink and paint with Acrylic. My favourite artist are death burger (cyberpunk artist) Chris mars, HR Giger, Hieronymus Bosch.

I love walking and bike riding.  But I mostly love my music at it helped a lot with depression. I love heavy metal, Stoner rock, Grunge and a bit of new age and Ambient music. My favourite bands are, Pink floyd, Alice in chains, Queen of the stone age, Ghost, Iron maiden, Motorhead, Dream Theatre, etc, to much to mention.

I dont work right now but love to be a freelancer if I had the opportunity. Hope this was not to long winded. Warmest regards.

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi Lostone and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your interests, it's really great that you have so many. 

Feel free to comment on any posts you find interesting and join discussions.

Han
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lostone87 Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. Its always nice to see new members. Great to see you have so many hobbies and interests. Have a look around the site and let us know if there is anything we can help you with
  • lostone87
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @lostone87 Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. Its always nice to see new members. Great to see you have so many hobbies and interests. Have a look around the site and let us know if there is anything we can help you with
    Thank you, I hope to use this site more as it seems like a friendly place.
  • lostone87
    Han_ said:
    Hi Lostone and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your interests, it's really great that you have so many. 

Feel free to comment on any posts you find interesting and join discussions.

Han
    Thank you! Have a nice week. Regards 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lostone87 - Welcome to the community & thank you for your interesting introduction. Thank you also for introducing me to different artists; I like Hieronymous Bosch, so have been looking at the others you mention. Must admit my favourite is Salvador Dali, but also like van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, & M.C. Escher. My eldest granddaughter is studying art at college, & would like to be a cartoonist! Middle granddaughter is keen to study photography.
    Anyway it's very good to meet you, & I hope you enjoy this great community.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A great choice of games there @lostone87. I remember playing Myst years ago. It always had a bit of a creepy vibe to it too. I'm also quite fond of the point and click games too but was always more fond of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

What would you freelance as if you had the chance?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lostone87
    A great choice of games there @lostone87. I remember playing Myst years ago. It always had a bit of a creepy vibe to it too. I'm also quite fond of the point and click games too but was always more fond of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

What would you freelance as if you had the chance?
    Hi, I would do all sorts. Toys logos anything really, I would work with a normal job but I get anxiety attack and freelance would be the best option as I can work from home.
  • lostone87
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @lostone87 - Welcome to the community & thank you for your interesting introduction. Thank you also for introducing me to different artists; I like Hieronymous Bosch, so have been looking at the others you mention. Must admit my favourite is Salvador Dali, but also like van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, & M.C. Escher. My eldest granddaughter is studying art at college, & would like to be a cartoonist! Middle granddaughter is keen to study photography.
    Anyway it's very good to meet you, & I hope you enjoy this great community.
    Thank you, everyone seems nice here. I use Reddit but people on there can be so and so.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lostone87 and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  I enjoyed reading your introduction and great you have so many interests.  I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution to the forum and I look forward to reading future posts from you.  You will find us to be a friendly bunch of people and I hope you meet some new friends here.  Please enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything at all you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lostone87. :)
    Scope

• LyndaFletcher
    LyndaFletcher Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Good Afternoon everyone?
    I'm Lynda and new to this Site. We live in Glorious Northumberland. Looking forward to seeing your Posts, perhaps get advice and Links to relevant areas of interest!
    Stay Safe, Healthy and Happy ?.... Lynda56
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @lostone8
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @Lynda Welcome please enjoy the community. You will see from @lostone87 it is a community to ask questions, share opinions or just have a chat in the Coffee Lounge. Enjoy browsing :smile:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Afternoon @LyndaFletcher and welcome to the community. I look forward to seeing you around! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LyndaFletcher and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness