Hi, my name is Helenmeadley23! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Helenmeadley23!

Helenmeadley23
Helenmeadley23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, and thank you for allowing me to join this group, 
I'm 45 with degenerative disc disease I currently have 5 discs missing, it affects my balance as if I'm drunk, I also have severe arthritis in my shoulders and knees which  started in my neck now so I'm in so much pain hope to get so speàk to u all at some point xxxx

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Helenmeadley23.
    I'm so sorry to hear about the amount of pain you're in. I don't know if it'll be of use to you, but you're welcome to take a look at these tips for managing pain during isolation.

In the meantime, you're very welcome here, so please don't be shy about jumping in and speaking with us in our virtual coffee lounge.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Helenmeadley23 - & welcome to this friendly community. I'm sorry to read about the problems you have & the pain it causes. I hope you've had warm weather today, as I always find that helps. I hope the above link is helpful, & you find something to ease your pain, or take your mind off it for a while. I look forward to seeing you on the forum. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Helenmeadley23 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  What a shame you are having so much pain.  It is horrible living with pain and can get us down, but I hope the link which Adrian has provided will be of some help to you.  Many of our members suffer pain too so will be able to relate to your experiences somewhat.  We are all here to support you on the forum so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There will always be someone on here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the Community anyway and find it a useful place to be.  If we can be of any support/help to you at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Helenmeadley23! How are you feeling today?
    Scope

Brightness