Hi, my name is auchtermuchty70! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is auchtermuchty70!

Options
auchtermuchty70
auchtermuchty70 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
After years of wondering why I kept falling finally I had mri and diagnosed with spinal stenosis. Referred to neuro surgeons in January this year.  Sent a physiotherapist out to give me excersises which was a waste of time. I have now been referred again by my GP but owing to the Covid-19 I am unable to get to the hospital as I am in lock down. I have been waiting since January to find out what they can do for me and it gets worse every day. Yesterday I had a fall where my legs just went from. underneath me. As I’m nearly 77 I don’t know if they will be able to help me. Some days the pain is so bad it gets me really down. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @auchtermuchty70 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about the increasing difficulties you're facing. Pain is a very difficult thing to constantly live, with as many of us here know, & you have my sympathy. Whilst you're unable to get to hospital due to Covid-19, I wonder if looking at some resources about pain may be helpful just a little. Please see: https://ppa.csp.org.uk/content/links
    Please keep in touch to let us know how you're getting on, & do chat here any time as sometimes that helps too. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @auchtermuchty70. I imagine this can be worrying. How are you doing today?
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @auchtermuchty70 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm so sorry to hear of your constant struggles with pain and the fact you had a fall yesterday.  I hope you are ok and didn't hurt yourself too much.  As @chiareds has already said, living with pain is very difficult to deal with and it does get you down at times so I completely understand how you must feel.  I get pain at times too and have fallen a few times also which isn't good at all.  I hope you will find the excellent link provided by @chiarieds to be helpful and that you can get to the hospital once lock-down has ceased.  

We are all here to support you on the forum so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to listen.  Please stay in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  I do like your username.  Have you visited Auchtermuchty?  I believe it is a lovely place.  Anyway, I look forward to seeing you on here and I hope your pain subsides somewhat in the near future.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @auchtermuchty70 Welcome to the community Im sorry to hear about your pain and falls. Please remember tho that the NHS is still in operation for Accident and emergency and if you fall and hurt yourself done hesitate to contact therm.

I had some eye surgery cancelled due to lockdown but then had to visit A&E due to sudden vision loss and they were very helpful and cut a long story short had the surgery that had been cancelled as an emergency.

The NHS are encouraging people not to ignore other conditions    
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better after your eye surgery, @janer1967:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness