Hi, my name is phillycollings29! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is phillycollings29!

phillycollings29
phillycollings29 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hello.  My name is Philly and I hope it is ok to join your community.  I have bipolar affective disorder and borderline personality disorder.  I also have recently discovered that 'directional confusion' is nothing to do with my thinking I am stupid.   I will be 60 in August.  I don't talk to anyone in any depth mainly because, I think I am so confused by myself and it is easier to keep things light but have been told I have a good sense of humour and am a good listener.  I love doing 3d origami, macramé, quilling and enjoy all things crafty.  I love to help people learn crafting.  It is a real joy to witness someone making something/anything that they didn't think they could do.  I have an allotment and spend lots of time digging up worms for two robins who live there.  I make jams and chutneys.  I am in a brass band (well sort of pre covid). I have a beautiful black and white cat called Monty who along with loving a belly rub and chasing pen tops is also a pillow for my tears of both sadness and joy especially when he is' helping' with macramé!!!!   Is this all ok?

Comments

• Emily_Emz33
    Emily_Emz33 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    welcome to the community. You will find lots of discussions and support here. We are all in this together. It sounds like you have many hobbies keeping you busy during lockdown :) 
    I hope you enjoy being part of the scope community as I have enjoyed it and found much needed support. 

Have a lovely evening ? 
    Emily 
  • phillycollings29
    Hello Emily
    Thank you for replying.  It is very kind of you. I hope you have a nice evening too :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @phillycollings29

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @phillycollings29 - Welcome to this friendly community, Philly. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. I think you might like our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where there is a thread called 'Kaleidoscope,' where people share photos & write about the crafts they enjoy. There's a link to this & other discussions at the top of this page,
    We also share photos of our pets there. Here's a link to the most recent thread: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/71496/your-pets-pictures-please-share#latest
    I would love to see a photo of Monty. My cat chases pen tops, & has destroyed 4 so far! She's called Shadow, as she follows me about. She's mainly black & white with some tabby colouring. Her brother is called Monty, & he lives nearby.
    Your introduction is lovely, & I'm pleased to find someone else who has a cat way too interested in pen tops! I look forward to seeing you around the forum.  :)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @phillycollings29 Welcome to the community its great to have you join us and have you on board.

Thank you for sharing your interests with us it sounds like you have lots going on.

I am, sure you will enjoy being part of the community and look forward to seeing you around
  • phillycollings29
    Thank you for your replies of welcome.  I would like to respond to individuals but am not sure how. I really struggle when there are so many different places to 'visit'.  It feels overwhelming.  Just going to 'journal' for a bit. Really don't know if that is ok or not.  Anyway   I have been up since 3am (ish) when Monty woke me to go out so after that I made some biscuits for my landlord/carer/friend, did a huge pile of washing up which is really curious since there are only two of us at this property!!!.  Did some prep for dinner whilst listening to Radio 4 xtra and then spent a couple of hours at my lottie digging worms for Robin, weeding and getting soaked by the continuous downpour of rain.  It was magical.  Tonight I have been painting a load of plant pots to make a lighthouse.  It will be about a metre in height when it's finished.  Monty is snuggled up on 'my' pillow snoring his little head off.
  • steve51
    Hi @phillycollings29

Good Evening I do hope that you have had a good day???

I would be more than happy in helping you with responding to other individuals on here.

Please please let me know how you feel ??

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Hi @phillycollings29 and welcome to our little community. :smile:

To refer to someone individually, you can type the @ sign followed by their username - e.g. @Adrian_Scope.

Let me know if you need any help at all, though!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phillycollings29
    Hi Adrian.
    Thank you for talking to me.  I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I don't even understand your answer!  
    When there is a lot of information coming at me I tend to back off.  Think I may just be too old and sort of stuck in the past lol or something to do with directional navigation.  
    Do you know anything about problems with directional navigation?  
    Thank you for your time
    Philly
  • phillycollings29
    It would be good to reply to people sometimes but there doesn't seems to be a reply button!!!!   Oh dear lord lol
  • chiarieds
    Hi @phillycollings29 - You're doing great, don't worry. And if I can learn, anybody can!
    So, if you want to reply to someone here you put the @ symbol in front of their username. Have a look on your keyboard (if using that), & you'll find @ just above the question mark, & slightly to the right.
    If using your phone, you may have to toggle away from the alphabet & to numbers, etc. to find the @ symbol. If you're using anything else, then I don't have a clue.
    If you wanted to reply to me it would be @chiarieds There's no space between the @ & a person's username. Then you just type your reply.
    How are you & Monty? :)

• phillycollings29
    edited June 2020
    @chiarieds - just testing this out
    Adrian gave me the same message but I was looking for a reply button.  Oh dear lord lol
    If it works I will be amazed!!! x
  • phillycollings29
    @Adrian_Scope
    Hi Adrian
    Thank you for talking to me.  I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I don't even understand your answer!  Have just been given some more advice and got it now - I think!.
    When there is a lot of information coming at me I tend to back off.  Think I may just be too old and sort of stuck in the past lol or something to do with directional navigation.  
    Do you know anything about problems with directional navigation?  
    Thank you for your time
    Philly
  • chiarieds
    Hi @phillycollings29 - as you can see, your reply to me worked. You've got it! :)
  • phillycollings29
    edited June 2020
    @chiarieds
    I am astounded lol.  Thought you might like to see my sort of lighthouse. Kind of a leaning one and does need some touching up but  I love it x
  • chiarieds
    Hi @phillycollings29 - Thank you for the photo. I had been wondering what a plant pot lighthouse would look like! Are the pots plastic or terracotta? You could try a windmill next, if you could find something suitable for the vanes.
    Anyway, I like your lighthouse too...a very good idea, so thank you for sharing. :)
  • phillycollings29
    Hi @chiarieds
    Just wanted to say thank you for chatting to me.  I am re-doing the lighthouse and have added a few things before putting it on lottie.  x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    You have done very well putting a picture up @phillycollings29, it's not the easiest thing to figure out. What a great lighthouse, I like the blue you've chosen for it.
    I've just re-read your original post and realised I have no idea what quilling is! What sort of things do you make with it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phillycollings29
    Hi Adrian_Scope
    Feeling extremely low and very lost within myself.

I am going to bow out of Scope - I don't want to be seen like this.

Thank you for always responding

Philly
  • steve51
    Hi @phillycollings29

I’m very very sorry to hear about you feeling extremely low/lost within yourself.

Please please contact me & I will try to help & assist/support in any way possible!!!!!!

We have got another platform that takes us off this general one.

This is “one 2 one” which is more “personal” if that would help.

I can show you how to do this as well if that would help.

@steve51

Brightness