Not got backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not got backpay

floralora
floralora Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
Hi, I won my PIP appeal (kinda, I didn't get what I'm entitled to but got something so I'm not complaining too much). I got a letter today in the post saying my backpay was supposed to be paid today but I checked my bank account and I haven't received it. Should I call DWP or wait until Monday? 

Comments

• tanay
    tanay Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi,
    absolutely call. I had an issue with my Esa this morning as no time augment went in. I called & they transferred payment within 2 hours. Good luck! 
  • tanay

Sorry no payment went in 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @floralora Welcome on board, I would give them a call before the bank day closes in case they need to make a payment as if not you will have to wait till Monday for your money.

Let us know how you get on
  • floralora
    floralora Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Thank you! I gave them a call and they made an error, I should get my backpay on Monday instead
  • tanay
    Great that you called them. You have to be proactive unfortunately as they won’t. Happy for you ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @floralora. Did your backpay go in yesterday like arranged? Fingers crossed you received it.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • DrMeredithGrey
    DrMeredithGrey Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    So glad I found this thread finally, because I received a letter today stating what points I scored and what I won at my tribunal. The letter also stated that the backdated payment of X amount will be paid into my account on the 26th June. It is now the 1st of July. So I'm just a tad confused. I'm on hold to them as I'm typing this listening to that lovely music they play you while you wait for someone to answer ? 
  • janer1967
    @DrMeredithGrey

Good luck hope you get through and it gets sorted 
  • DrMeredithGrey
    @janer1967

I just got off the phone with them and received the clarification I needed. They've given me the actual date now of when it will be paid in so I'm relieved. I don't function well with confusion and disorder. I like things to be orderly, which I guess makes me a pain in the backside to alot of people  :disappointed:

What occurred was they were supposed to have sent out two letters at two different times, one earlier than the other, but instead sent both on the same day in the same envelope at a later date, which to be fair would cause most people confusion  :disappointed:

Thanks for the lovely reply though ?
  • DrMeredithGrey
    @janer1967 those emojis were meant to be laughing faces not sad faces so don't know why they've shown up as sad
  • janer1967
  • janer1967
    As you can see easy to press wrong one lol 
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm glad the confusion has been ironed out @DrMeredithGrey. Their letters can be confusing at the best of times, let alone when they sent them in the wrong! I'm glad you've received a date you'll receive your back-pay and congratulations on your tribunal win. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • DrMeredithGrey
    @Adrian_Scope

Their letters are definitely sometimes confusing, I have to read some of them twice to make sure I've definitely read them correctly ? It wasn't a big mistake on their part sending both letters together (letters had different dates), I think it was just a case of they most certainly have a huge backlog, reduced staff amongst other issues during this Covid-19 time. All in all, they happily cleared up my confusion over the phone, so I can't really moan too much... well except for that on hold music, but that's a whole different issue ??
  • Adrian_Scope
    That on hold music definitely needs to be changed @DrMeredithGrey! Especially given the extended wait times at the moment. :D 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.