Hi, my name is hello_everyone! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hello_everyone!

hello_everyone
hello_everyone Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice. my situation seems like; everyone thinks i'm faking it, mainly family, inlaws mainly too, including my spouse, they want me to go through diagnosis again. after i've spent years, after an accident, as an outpatient a long time ago, but a flood destroyed over 500 xrays, and all of my medical records... but recently other parts of me have been worn out, from overcompinsating. i have fresh scans of these, they're severe, but without the full picture they're being misread. i'm being threatened with divorce if i don't comply, and the thought of the pain i'd recieve in doing any diagnosis is enough to cause consern. thanks, sincerely.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hello_everyone

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • hello_everyone
    thanks, evening, and same to you about the help.
  • hello_everyone
    or anyone else for that matter, good luck!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hello_everyone & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about the difficult situation you are in. I'm hoping there's a way that may help. If your hospital records have been lost, your GP should have copies of consultant's letters for example, which may explain your problems. You can ask your GP surgery for a copy of your medical information.
    If your GP surgery lost your X-rays, you can contact the records manager of the hospital(s) where these were done for a copy of your medical records. I wanted a copy of my daughter's medical records from a hospital to prove to some Drs about my concerns with what I considered a genetic problem. The records were from 16 years previously, & were posted out to me. So long as you have a reason to ask for such records, there shouldn't be a difficulty in obtaining these.
    I do hope either of these options may help. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hello_everyone Welcome to the community

Have you ever had a diagnosis, ad above there should be some record of your medical records someone should have a copy and some would be electronic

It must be hard that even your family and your spouse are doubting you and especially threatening divorce, a diagnosis will not change your symptoms and those close to you should accept you as you are and support you and not put you through suffering jus to get a diagnosis.

However getting a diagnosis can help if they can find a suitable treatment but you should do this for yourself and not for otherss.

I hope you are ok and feel free to come and discuss any issues or concerns anytime

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @hello_everyone! I just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on? I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your family situation. I agree that it'd be worth speaking to your GP or hospital team to see if they have copies of your records. Please let us know if you need any more support, or want to vent, we are all here to help :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @hello_everyone, really glad you found us. :)
    Scope

Brightness