A new poem - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A new poem

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    A poem about a young woman called Becky
    A young  woman called Becky
    She could not pay her electric bill
    That went on a recky. 
    As Becky found a way to pay her lecky  bill 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Globster Have you always wrote poetry?  I can tell it brings you lots of joy.   :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope No, I have always written poetry but I seemed leant it  during before lockdown and had more time to perfect my craft
    You're kind words after I wrote a poem I wrote for you @Cher_Scope   

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    @Globster Yes it was very kind of you, thank you  :)

I'm more of a story writing person myself.  When I have some time in the future its something I'd like to do more of. 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster

Poem called endless possibilities 

There is a wrestler called the Rock 

Who has had me believe it does not matter how many knocks you take 

As you work hard to achieve every day you one day achieve your ambitions

As I prime position to my dreams a relatively

• Globster
    A poem about a young woman called Chloe
    There a young women Chloe 
    who had a stunning figure
     As had great vigure to achaived 
    As Chloe had great belief 

• Cher_Alumni
    @Globster Great work!  It sounds like you are a fan of The Rock.  Dwayne Johnson is a good role model and always seems so positive.  Have you seen any of his films?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It's amazing how these poems just flow from your mind @Globster, you're a natural :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster

Poem called Supportive family 

For the amazing support you have given 

As I have been blessed with a fantastic family 

My family encourages me to follow my dreams 

I know my family just wanted to see me do well my life 

Love the time I spent my love ones 

You have all been fantastic in the confidence to follow my dreams and achieve them

• Cher_Alumni
    Ahh thats an especially lovely poem @Globster

• Globster
    @Cher_Scope
    Poem called young love dream 
    A young man Perry looked women called Cher walked down the aisle as Cher smiled 
    Cher looked sparkling in white wedding dress
    As Perry and Cher tired the knot in front of lot of their friends and family members.

• Globster

A young man called Ray.

He had a passion for playing basketball.

As he practised his local basketball team skills day, under a clear blue sky and white fluffy white clouds. 

As Ray was tall Ray slammed dunked the basketball into the net.    

As Ray laid the ball back to  teammate.

Ray had a never give up attitude to achieve his dream one day a professional basketball player.

As Ray hoped to one day play basketball NBA league. 

I have written a poem for another poetry writing competition 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely poems as always @Globster, you're building up quite a collection.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    edited September 2020
    poem about Ross achieving his dream 

A young man called  who was called Ross
    As looked to be own boss
    As Ross work out the cost of starting his own business 
    As Ross knew it would take long to prove people wrong 
    After a few months later Ross businesses began to rise 
    Not many people surprise
    As people eyes where amazed how quick Ross got his business off the ground 

• Cher_Alumni
    @Globster Thank you for the poem about me getting married!  That cheered me up :)

I like the one about Ross achieving his dream too.  He does have a bright future ahead of him!

• Globster
    edited September 2020

A poem called crying shame 

It a crying shame for young man Shorn

As he had torn his groin muscle 

Which meant he would not be able to compete in the long jump qualifying competition for the Olympic Games 

This left Shorn devastated but determined to come back stronger and fitter than ever for the next time the qualifying round which in another 4 years.

As he kept he motivated and got himself back into amazing shape and achieved his dream of qualifying for the British long jump team in the Olympic 

• Globster

Everyone needs good neighbours 

1. We are fantastic neighbours who are willing to help each other in the hours of need. 

2. We are united with our neighbours, we are there for them as they are for us when we need help from them. 

3. Old friendships with our neighbours grow even stronger than before. Lockdown has given us a chance to build some new friendships with our neighbours. 

4. The coronavirus has united neighbourhoods across the UK, as there have been neighbours who have been lifesavers getting items from shops for elderly people who have been shielding from coronavirus. 

5. Our neighbours find crafts to keep their minds active. Neighbours in our street have hearts of gold.   

6. Neighbours have been generous in keeping an eye on our house when we are away. 

7. Neighbours are the beating heart to any street. 

8. We talk to our neighbours while following social distancing. 

9. We try to talk to the neighbours who have no family here to talk, to look after their mental health. 

10. Some of our neighbours put on a brave face and hide their problems away.  

11. Neighbourhoods across the UK have celebrated some fantastic occasions with street parties while social distancing and demonstrating national spirit with fantastic grit and determination.  

12. There are grandparents with excitement on their faces ay the prospect of seeing their grandchildren and grandchildren were also looking forward to see their grandparents.

13. It is important to ask neighbours how they are managing

14. Neighbours recommend tradesmen who have done fantastic work in their house. 

15. I enjoy having a laugh and joke with one of my neighbours

16. I hope to show my neighbours some of my successes 

17. I have a neighbour called Kate who is a cook she makes some beautiful aromas that can be smelt coming out her home 

18. I really appreciate how Amanda makes me laugh with her fantastic sense of humour 

19. I find it really easy to talk to my neighbours because they are really friendly and approachable 

20. Sandra my neighbour has been doing crochet jumpers for her grandchildren 

21. I have another neighbour called Sue who loves baking 

22. We have another Jane ho teaches in a special school 

23. It important to keep a fantastic relationship with all your neighbours because you never know when you might need help and support from them

24. Christine one my neighbours and dhe is green fingered as she keeps her garden like a show piece at the Chelsea flower show 

25. I have not seen one of my neighbours called Mandy I hope she is doing well and safe 

26. Once or twice our neighbours have taken parcels for us as we had gone out on some important jobs that could not wait.

27. We return the favour by taking their parcels in for them 

28. It is important to inform your neighbours if your going to make noise out of respect 

29. It is also important for every street to have a neighbourhood watch scheme

30. I like how all my neighbours are kind 

31. One of my neighbours loves to sing and she has a sweet soft voice 

32. Sometimes you have take your hat off to the amazing things that neighbours have done for charitable causes

33. Neighbours keep me encouraged and motivated to do amazing things in my life 

34. Trust your neighbours 

35. Realise the importance of having good neighbours 

36. Do not take your neighbours for granted 

37. Neighbours can look out for the elderly 

38. Elderly neighbours love to share stories about when they were growing up 

39. It is important to listen to what they want.

40. My street is a fantastic street to live in because all the neighbours in my street are very friendly kind and helpful 

• Globster

A poem young man Jay saved his neighbour called May

• A young man called Jay heard a young woman called May who was his neighbour shouting for help   

• As Jay ran outside he could that was black smoke was coming from her house.

•  Jay ran back to ring the fire brigade who they would be a day as it was a Saturday.

• Jay knew it would late for May if he waited for fire bridge. 

• As Jay found two file blankets. 

• He rapped the first blanket around himself and held fire blanket his right hand.

• Jay kicked May’s front door and saw May lay near the bottom of the stairs   

• As Jay saw the fireball was travelling down the stairs.

• As Jay rapped May in the fighter blanket before taking May in his arms as runs out the front door with May in his arms.

• Jay was relieved to see the fire bridged and ambulances service had arrived to take of May and Jay were both taken to hospital

• Jay was given the all-clear by doctors.      

• Jay went to see if May was okay.

• Jay could see May was okay.

• May thanked Jay for saving her life 

• Jay told May there no need to thank him

•  Jay told May I will come and pick you tomorrow when you get discharged from the hospital. Jay gave to May  a place to stay my house because was damage in the fire

• May thanked Jay for giving her a place to stay.

•  Jay went back to the hospital to pick May up from the hospital 

• As gave May the carry bag which had a red dress and new shoes which Jay brought for May Jay knew May’s clothes were all burnt in the fire.

• May did not to Jay’s kind gesture.

• Jay wait outside so May charged into the new red coloured dress and new shoes had brought for her.

•  Once May was ready May and Jay left the hospital 

• As they headed to the car park, where, Jay’s black coloured golf car was parked

• Jay unlocked before both opened the car door and sat inside the car before closing as both of them put their seatbelts on before started his car. 

•     Jay asked May on the way home if she minds if they stopped off at the fish and chip shop because they were both very hungry.

•  Jay arrived at the fish and chip shop while May sat in the car.

• He found it was fish and chip shop was empty their no customers waiting to be served 

• This meant Jay was able to positions get two fish and chips were wrapped up and put in a bag.

• Jay paid for the fish and chips

• This was before Jay left the shop and returned to the car and opened the driver’s door and past the carrier bags to May to hold 

• Within a few minutes, Jay and May arrived at Jay house.

• As  May was left upset as she had tears running down her face, May saw smoke damaged after the fire   

•   It would take a few weeks to fix the smoke damaged 

• Jay opened his front door with his key.

• Jay turned the light as followed him into the house before closed the front door 

• As Jay as and May sat at the kitchen table as they both enjoyed their fish and chips

• Jay worked builder and offer to fix and repair and pair May house up to allow May to live in the house again. 

• As did take any money for the work he did in May’s house.

• Jay and May were not only neighbours and built a fantastic between them both 

• Once Jay has got May’s house ready to live in for May who invited for a cup of tea and piece of cake 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    You've clearly put a lot of effort into these ones @Globster! Good luck with the competition :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Globster
    thank you tori I appreciate your kind words 
    look forward to seeing for seeing your stories one day  

Brightness