Lwcra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra

KelMarie
KelMarie Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
edited August 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all 
 Hoping someone can help me out here I just received a letter from the tribunal services asking for my medical records which I have said yes to has anyone else had this issue & they said they can't agree on a decision until they has them & they want to do a telephone call for approximately 75minutes as my tribunal has been postponed should say I'm on lcw at minute which I don't receive any extra for as on universal credit but when I was on jsa November 2018 was getting extra only changed because health got worse & was moving home at same time so had to change address so put me on universal credit in December 2018 now they are looking into me getting lcwra fingers crossed does anyone how far they can backdate too also please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes sometime they will ask for medical records between 2 specific dates and you will need to send them what they've asked for. You can request medical records free from your GP.

The reaosn they are doing a telephone hearing is because face to face ones are currently suspended due to Covid19.

If you are awarded LCWRA then how much you'll be owed will totally depend on when your assessment dates are for Universal Credit and when you sent your first fit note because there's a 3 month waiting period before the LCWRA payments are added.

Best thing you can do is once you've had the decision from the Tribunal if it's LCWRA then come back here and post the question and i'm sure someone will help you further.

Good luck with the hearing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KelMarie
    Thank you poppy123456 they have asked for medical records from 1st January 2017 to date said all I had to do was agree for them to get them from GP themselves I first handed my sick note in when i was changed to uc back in nov/dec18 so why are they asking for before that date? 
  • poppy123456
    They are obviously checking for something specific which they do sometimes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with your tribunal @KelMarie, let us know how you get on :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • KelMarie
    edited October 2020
    Just to let everyone know tribunal hasn't happen as yet but been given a date just over two weeks now & it a telephone tribunal have received a copy of my medical record the tribunal have also received as they sent them to me all together just under 300 pages of evidence now said have to have it in front of me when the call happens will let you all know more then I know myself 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes okay @KelMarie. :)
    Scope

• KelMarie
    Sorry for the long time for reply but I couldn’t remember where I asked about this tribute don’t go my way back then but have had a new assessment after waiting since April this year sending in fit notes will that happen on 13th dec 2023 & today 29th dec 2023 in my journal I received a pdf this time I got awarded lcwra but had to call them as said I will continue to be awarded lcwra & my payment will stay the same but I wasn’t on lcwra before told me sorry looks like wrong letter was sent but I had be put onto lcwra but don’t say when first payment would be only said any back date would need to be calculated then I’ll be informed how much that is in due time so would anyone have any idea how many months that would be my uc runs between 2rd & 1st payment date is the 8th of the month thank you in advance for your help
  • poppy123456
    KelMarie said:
    Sorry for the long time for reply but I couldn’t remember where I asked about this tribute don’t go my way back then but have had a new assessment after waiting since April this year sending in fit notes will that happen on 13th dec 2023 & today 29th dec 2023 in my journal I received a pdf this time I got awarded lcwra but had to call them as said I will continue to be awarded lcwra & my payment will stay the same but I wasn’t on lcwra before told me sorry looks like wrong letter was sent but I had be put onto lcwra but don’t say when first payment would be only said any back date would need to be calculated then I’ll be informed how much that is in due time so would anyone have any idea how many months that would be my uc runs between 2rd & 1st payment date is the 8th of the month thank you in advance for your help

As advised on your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/113083/lcwra#latest your first payment will be 8th May so up to now they owe you 8 months LCWRA element.

• KelMarie
    Update I got my first lcwra this week but uc are saying I’m not owed any back payment as my award is from 13th dec when I have been putting in fit notes since 4th April 2023

• poppy123456
    That's not correct. My advice is based on the information you gave so if that's correct and there were no gaps in your fit notes then it will be from 8th May. Please also be aware that money owed is always paid separately to your usual monthly money.
  • KelMarie
    I have asked on my journal about the back date & was told no back date owed as award with from 13th dec 2023 when I told them that wasn’t correct was told they have put in a mandatory reconciliation now I have to wait again
  • poppy123456
    Was this your first work capability assessment?
  • KelMarie
    No it’s not my first was put into lcw in Nov 2018 but my health has declined since then & my work coach told me back in end of march to put in fit notes again for a assessment to be made now which I did in April 2023
  • poppy123456
    Ah yes, i've just read the other thread where you asked for advice on and can see it on there. They very often get this wrong when you've already been found to have LCW and then report changes. If you report changes the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported those changes.

For reviews started by UC then it's from the assessment period in which the decision is made, which seems to be what they are going from, which is incorrect of course.

When you request the MR (if you haven't already) mention that you reported changes to your health condition on X date, provided fit notes until the decision was made. Remind them that the extra money is paid from when you reported the changes, not from when the decision was made.
  • KelMarie
    hi poppy123456 can you tell me how long roughly does it that for a MR to be done as I put it in on the 4th Jan & haven’t heard anything more about it yet
  • poppy123456
    Up to about 12 weeks but very often sooner than that. 
  • KelMarie
    Just a update on my MR which I asked about on the 4th Jan I’m still waiting to hear back about it it’s been nearly 8 weeks have asked about any update & this was the reply I got on the 13th feb 
    We have referred this matter to a decision maker. You will be notified of the outcome in due course via your journal 
    kind regards 
    universal credit team 
    I’m hoping it not to much longer now 
  • poppy123456
    8 weeks is still within the 12 week timescale I advised previously. 
  • KelMarie
    Hi poppy123456 I know it’s still within the timescale just want to update others on this in case anyone else is waiting on theirs too just hoping it not to much longer now
  • KelMarie
    Just got the results of my MR they are now saying I only have lcw not lcwra & I’ve been overpaid been on phone & the are putting in for a second MR as decision matter made a mistakes in the with the decision for lcwra in the first place been told if the decision isn’t in my favour I can then go for a tribunal but until then it another waiting game don’t need to say this but I’m not happy with this decision at all

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.