Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021) - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Boris Johnson televised Coronavirus update (04/01/2021)

Options

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @RAwarrior shop staff don't have to wear mask, and i must admit that when we go shopping and I have to wear a mask for an hour i find it almost unbearable.
    I have been to hospital as a patient 3 times since March and I have never seen a single example of staff or patients not wearing their mask as they should, have you been reading the daily mail again  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My son works in an independent food retailer, & has been wearing a mask for quite some time at work. A long shift is definitely difficult, but he only takes it off when he leaves the shop floor to do office work.
    I do appreciate what you're saying @RAwarrior & wish more people would have followed the most sensible rules. I feel this lockdown was inevitable, due to many people not following the guidelines, unfortunately.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Support bubbles and childcare bubbles can continue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ woodbine,

Shop staff are required by law to wear a mask on the shop floor. 

I don’t read the Daily Mail and I am speaking about what I have actually experienced.

I have seen lots of people not wearing any face covering in the local shops, which includes the shop owners and the staff which is why I stopped going to the local shops. 

I have regular hospital treatment and I have seen patients and staff not wearing a face covering or wearing it under their nose or chin. 

I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago and the phlebotomist was really scared because the amount of patients not wearing a face covering properly.
    I ended up standing away from people because patients were not social distancing and had lowered their face coverings.

I could quote you a long list of places where I have seen people not wearing a face covering. I have a weakened immune system so I am really scared about getting Covid.

You have been fortunate in your area that people follow the rules but I cannot say the same from what I have actually seen which is why I do all my shopping online.  
  • woodbine
    Options
    Full lockdown starting now and made law in 24 hours, work from home if you can, schools closed from now, changes to exams to be announced, free school meals to continue, expected to last until third week in Feb when it will be back to the tier system, those who shielded in March will receive letters telling them to shield again, first four groups will get vaccine by end of Feb.
    South Yourkshire will not be excluded ....lol
    Well done Boris !!!

• RAwarrior
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds,

I am not surprised about the national lockdown at all because I have seen so many people completely ignoring the rules.

I have seen very large groups consisting of multiple households when I have visited my squirrel friends. Although they are outside, the people do not social distance and they are not supposed to mix but they do. 

I stopped going to non essential shops before the March lockdown and I haven’t been to a local shop for months after seeing basically 8 out of 10 people not wearing a face covering along with the staff. 

As I have said many times before, Covid 19 is a real worry for me and it really upsets me when I see people not caring about the fact that their actions could lead to me going to Intensive Care.  
  • RAwarrior
    Options
    Any comments I make come from my personal experience and not from The Daily Mail!
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    The UK is now paying the price for relaxing the rules at Christmas....We love to see the family on Christmas day and have done so for many years...but we did not think it was worth it . We have been shielding since February and were not going to throw it all away for one day together . Roll on the vaccine,  the quicker the better ??
    Stay safe everybody .?...May your God go with you ! ????????
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I go shopping every week and have done since the first lockdown last year. I also shop in the same place every week and the majority of people i see have a face covering on. Those that don't have an exemption badge, including a person that works where i shop.

I seen my daughter and grandson on Christmas day and boxing day and will continue to see them a couple of times a week because the support bubbles can continue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Well because we are now in full lockdown, I will be residing at my Parents' till further notice, social services won't like it due to cancelling both care companies at literally a moment's notice but they can swivel, my health and safety is far more important than their budgets and scheduling.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wales went into national lockfown before Xmas we haven't got any schools open only essential shops 

Please people when I say things do not take it the wrong way I am glad England is on full lockdow they will stop comring to Wales  and makeing the situation for England and Wales 

Wales has been hit hard this time mainly because the students came back and the schools opend and the pubs 

As great Britain we have to stand together  and do what we have got to do  the world needs to heal and it needs our help 

I am not a religious  person but may God be with us all  united we stand dived we fall we can do this but we have to fo it together 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Woodbine that wasn't a nice thing to say  I  live in Wales and shops get shut if the assistants don't wear a face mask  and if they haven't done  what they need I side their shop even the local little shops and we get fined if we haven't got a face mask on and shops eont let you in 

On lock down last time 500 people came to pen y fan in the brecon beacons  and only 10 of them were Welsh 

Before anyone says anything I am English  living in wsles but o can tell you this much I trust the Welsh government  more than I trust borris Johnson he didn't act fast enough most people have sense  and belive when I say  I am the Wales corona  virus group and some people make so angry I have a proper wonky donkey on there  conspiracy theories  are the worst  

All I can say is its not just down to the government its down to the public if people stop feeding the virus  it would get wesker snd weaker not stronger so that it can mutate   stay safe wash your hands wear your mask  stay your distance  stay at home if you don't need to go out 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The reaosn why schools weren't open in Wales was because of Christmas and New year, just like England. Now schools have closed, just like England.
  • woodbine
    Options
    @lisathomas50 not sure what I said that wasn't very nice, but hey ho, as for shop staff and mask to clarify, if they are working behind a screen they do't need to wear a mask if they are on the shop floor they do, like most of the rules they have ben]en fluid.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    You said something about you must be reading the daily mail can be upsetting to some people as you know I would come back with something like no  read the sun lol ha ha but not everyone is the same  in wales even behind a screen they wear a mask  in eales we have spent most of our time in lock down we have had local lock downs aswel 

Its a nightmare but in wales thry force the rules I have never seen so many police lol  I want to know what they do with all the fines lolwales has issued alot
  • woodbine
    Options
    the daily mail comment was me being nice ! Had I meant to insult anyone I would have said the Sun lol

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Thats where your wrong schools hin most of wsles owed three weeks before Xmas and weren't opening after Xmas  some schools have been closed alot longer and university's shut end of November and colleges were closed four weeks before all told to do online earnings  primary schools were due back on the 11th  of January now thats not happening g either  alot of schools shut down ineales because teachers were  losing their Ives and parents were refusing to send their children to school my step son hadnt been to college since end of November and my granddaughter finished uni November for xmas and has been told not to return all her studying will be on line and my other grandchildren  have been off school since 1st week in December 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Woodbine I am asking if you would apologise  to  rawarrior  please I know that it want purposely  done and not meant to upset but it has so much do that they want to leave the group and it would be such a  shame lots of people like the photos that are posted I like them aswel  so I am asking please 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Very strange that because i have family and friends in Wales with children who have all told me differently. Same as this news link here regarding Wales level 4 lockdown, which started on 20th December, of which schools had already closed for Christmas 2 days prior to that. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55333756 I rest my case and will make no further comments to you.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Where i live we have been in  and out of lockdown local lockfowns fire broke a d now lock down  I am not gki g to comment again either you have already upset another member  aswel 

Brightness