Hi everyone, I'm Brenda1946! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone, I'm Brenda1946!

Brenda1946
Brenda1946 Scope Member Posts: 58 Courageous
My name is Brenda1946. I  am 74 at present 75 in March.  I had a stroke in 2014 then fell whilst recovering broke my hip and dislocated my shoulder. As a result i have very little use down my left side but dispite that still manage to knit, go to a knitting group, craft group and colouring group before the virus.  Would love to be able to go swimming again

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Brenda1946 and welcome to our online community.

How are you doing today?  Are you coping with the lockdown okay and keeping well?

You've been through an awful lot since 2014 and I really admire you carrying on with your hobbies.  Let's hope it's not too long before you can get swimming again.  

If you want to see what we are all nattering about on the community, visit our Recent discussions.  You are more than welcome to join in wherever you like.

Take care  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome and for introducing yourself 

Have a look around and feel free to join in 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Brenda1946 - & welcome to this friendly community, Brenda. It sounds like you're doing amazingly well despite it all. I've also had a broken hip, & that on it's own took some getting over....! Swimming is a great activity, so hope you'll be able to take this up again in the not too distant future.
    You might be interested in looking at the 'Kaleidoscope' thread in our 'virtual' 'Coffee lounge,' where some of our members share the various crafts they do. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/41283/kaleidoscope-our-own-gallery-for-members-art-work-crafts-and-photographs#latest
    I hope you may join us in the 'Coffee lounge,' which is a good place to meet other members. I look forward to hearing from you again. :)

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Brenda1946 and welcome to the community! That sounds like a great list of hobbies. Is there anything in particular that you enjoy knitting?

Han
  • Brenda1946
    Brenda1946 Scope Member Posts: 58 Courageous
    I like all types of knitting.  I knit all sorts of things, i sometimes download a pattern if i like it and think i might knit it somewhere along the line.  I am knitting a shrug for my friends granddaughter as she doesn't knit, i have done one in white and now one in black.  Trying to knit 3 different catus's to go towards her birthday present.

Brightness