Just wanted to say hello to everyone. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

angiecxx
angiecxx Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited January 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hey everyone. My name is angie and I'm 45 years of age ?. I have 5 children ranging from the age of 11 to 24. My two oldest children attend university  but currently due to the pandemic they actually can't attend the university's so one is living in Germany studying his 3rd year there and my other son is living in Poland and doing his uni degree online I live with my 3 youngest children. I suffer with endometriosis and fibromyalgia and depression. I love the tv show Sherlock ❤️ and also schitts creek on Netflix (yes during lock down myself and my children have watched alot of Netflix). I'm a huge Beatles fan. Anyway I have friends but obviously I've not seen them for a long time and well to be honest we only keep in touch every so often so it would be lovely to meet some new people on here. Anyway if you want to know anything just let me know and I will do my best to to answer your questions. Stay safe everyone. ?

Comments

• angiecxx
    Hey everyone. My name is angie and I'm 45 years of age ?. I have 5 children ranging from the age of 11 to 24. My two oldest children attend university but currently due to the pandemic one is living in Germany and one is living in Poland. I live with my 3 youngest children. I suffer with endometriosis and fibromyalgia and depression. I love the tv show Sherlock ❤️ and also schitts creek on Netflix (yes during lock down myself and my children have watched alot of Netflix). I'm a huge Beatles fan. Anyway I have friends bit obviously I've not seen them for a long time and well to be honest we only keep in touch every so often so it would be lovely to meet some new people on here. Anyway if you want to know anything just let me know and I will do my best to to answer your questions. Stay safe everyone. ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome and thanks for your introduction 

Have a look around and feel free to join in you might like to start in our coffee lounge . Here you can see general discussions and games and is great place to meet other members 

I hope to see you around 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @angiecxx and welcome to the community :) 

Thanks for introducing yourself, it's great to hear a bit about you. 

Sherlock is such a good TV show, what would you say is the best season? Everyone has become a huge Netflix fan this year :D 

The Beetles is a good shout, do you like any other music?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • angiecxx
    Thank you for your replies. My favourite season of Sherlock is season 4 but my favourite episode is from season 3 episode 1 The Empty Hearse. I didn't realise i put my post up twice and I don't know how to delete one ?. I love all sorts of music apart from dance music, i think I'm a bit too old for it lol. I adore Michael Buble and I love 80's music, especially Shakin Stevens??♥️♥️. Im going to see what's happening in the coffee lounge. Hopefully I'll speak to you soon. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries about the duplicate post @angiecxx, I sorted it out for you :) 

Sherlock season 4 is quite a controversial one, I see many people say that's their least favourite series of the show, but I'm glad you love it :) 

Hope you find your way around the coffee lounge okay, feel free to get involved! 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • angiecxx
    Thank you very much for sorting the post for me ?. I know a few people who didn't like season 4 either but it just pieced everything together from the first 3 seasons. I would love them to do another season or a one off special.. Maybe one day ?. There's a lot going on in the coffee lounge but it's great to read what people have said. Thank you for welcoming me. ?
  • EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    It is great to meet new people to the community.  I think it is very easy to feel isolated, and even more so during the pandemic.  I am glad you have written a bit about yourself.  I have to admit I don't watch much tv at the moment.  I am the one in our household sorting out the shopping, cooking and washing up etc.  I find it takes me two to three times longer than the average person to get these tasks done.  With my husband and two children home 24/7 I find this is how I spend my time during lockdown.
  • angiecxx
    Hi Erica. I hope you are well. Same as you i don't watch much tv even though I've mentioned a couple of shows that I like i still have to do the house work, cooking, help with school work and it takes alot out of me when I'm doing something so I'm constantly tired and I have to take my time when doing things so i don't end up in too much pain. There's always something to be done. ?. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angiecxx - & welcome to this friendly community from me too. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself.....it's very good to 'meet' you. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this group & getting to know our lovely members. I'm a 'Sherlock' fan too; I've read most, if not all of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, & wasn't sure I'd like it, but thoroughly enjoyed all the seasons. Have you watched 'Elementary?' :)
  • angiecxx
    Hello @chiarieds it's lovely to meet you. I hope you are well today. I'm still getting use to this forum but so far I've have met some lovely people and it's really nice to be a part of the community. Yes I've watched Elementary and i think Johnny Lee Miller is really good as Sherlock and Rhys Ifans is perfect as Mycroft but my favourite Sherlock is Benedict Cumberbatch ❤️❤️.  Thank you for the lovely warm welcome. I hope you have a nice day. ?. 

Brightness