Just A Warning About Carers Allowance — Scope | Disability forum

Just A Warning About Carers Allowance

anth22 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
I know a carer who didnt receive their carers allowance today due to PIP not informing them the disabled person had been given an extension  on their PIP. Carers allowance said its not PIP who should have told them about the extension its the carers duty, so be warned if your carers money hasnt gone in it could be down to this situation. My friend now has to wait another 5 days to receive her payment.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,897 Disability Gamechanger

    Thanks a lot for sharing this with us will help lot of people 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • anth22
    anth22 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Your welcome i was thinking the same it will help many people out because lets say for an example my friends PIP was due to end on the 26th Jan 2021 and her friend was receiving carers allowance to look after her, carers allowance would also stop on that date as carers would have no idea her PIP had been extended for a few months. So if anyone receives a letter from PIP with an extension on it and they have a carer they need to let Carers Allowance know asap.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,431 Disability Gamechanger
    @anth22, that what’s this forum is about giving information to help and inform members to continue receiving their benefits and helping advising where and when we can, thank you for bringing this nugget of information to the community attention.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,662

    Scope community team

    Thank you for sharing @anth22 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.