New member — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carol69
carol69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my name is Carol.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Have a look around and feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carol69 - welcome to this friendly community, & thank you for joining, Carol. How are you today? :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @carol69 :) It's great to have you here.

Thank you for making your first post. Would you like to tell us a little bit more about yourself? 

Please do have a look around the community, and let us know if you need any support in navigating the site. The coffee lounge is a great place to get to know our members, and our list of recent discussions will give you an idea of what we've all been talking about recently. You can find these located at the top of the page.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • carol69
  • carol69
    I just need a friend or two .feel so alone and useless
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @carol69 hi how has your day been today  hope your ok  I think alot of people are feeling alone due to the corona virus 

It takes alot of gettingused to living like this in lockdown  your not useless  feeling lonely makes people feel like this 

I have my off days I think we all do  looking forward to your comments 

Take care 
  • chiarieds
    Hi again @carolineb69 - I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but hopefully joining in & being part of this great community will help a little. I'm sure you're not useless in the slightest, but this lockdown is getting to everybody, & you're not alone with such feelings that can creep in. Do come & join us in our virtual 'Coffee lounge' that Tori gave a link to above. Our members are a lovely, friendly group of people, & we all support each other by chatting, or playing word games.
    Scope also has a post where they have put together some ways to cope during this pandemic which you may find helpful too. Here's a link to it: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread    :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds I havent got the hang of putting a thread on yet 
  • emzixox
    emzixox Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Hello think lockdown has everyone with there lonely days I only joined yesterday and I can say there's some lovly helpfull people in this forum 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @emzixox it is a nice forum  and people are realy helpful 
  • chiarieds
    edited January 2021
    Hi @carolineb69 - I use a desktop computer, so hope this looks the same for you. If you go up to the top of this page, you should see a 'New discussion' link in a purple border on the right-hand side as you look at your screen. You click on that, then give your post a discussion title, write your message in the box below, then click on 'Post discussion.' It does come up with categories you might like to put this in, but don't worry about that, as the Scope team can put it in the right one for you.
    If you have difficulties with this, please say, as the Scope team may be able to better advise in the morning. If you're wondering about any links given, for me it's hover over them then 'click'; that opens the thread. Hope this helps :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds I found it harder on the laptop than my phone lol  I did my job support today and I learnt how to fo quite a bit on my laptop today  I realy enjoyed it  gave me a boost looking  forward to the next time 
  • chiarieds
    Good to hear @lisathomas50 - I  just don't know if the screen looks the same to laptop or phone users, or different using a desktop computer, unfortunately. Perhaps I should ask the Scope team about this tomorrow.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds on my laptop  where you  type the message  underneath the box you got the send button  draft and new discussion  button I found it harder on my laptop  
  • chiarieds
    Thank you, on my desktop computer it's 'Preview' 'Save draft' & 'Post Reply' only underneath.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    Hi and welcome @carol69 and @emzixox.  This is indeed a lovely group of people who will help and encourage you as much as possible .
    I know what you mean about feeling low and useless Carol....I think with this virus we all feel low at times . It's ok to feel like that but if it gets really bad then please contact your GP or nurse to have a chat with them . The members on this site will help also if you feel like chatting to someone .
    I was feeling really low at the beginning of the week but on Wednesday I got a letter from the NHS telling me that an appointment has been made to inject me with the vaccine ( they never said what vaccine it is)...but to be honest , after a year in isolation , I will take whatever vaccine it is . I go to our local town on 7th February to get the vaccine . Personally I feel it's a step towards the light at the end of the tunnel . I know I will still be in isolation but at least it's a small step towards normality ....whatever normality is in the future ??
    Please take care and may your God go with you ?

Brightness