Morning, how's your day going so far? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning, how's your day going so far?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Me too I need sleep lol going to try some food with him in a minute and fetch his tray to him 
  • Sandy_123
    coylygirl said:
    So I stayed in all day waiting for a phone call from the Domestic Violence Team, only to realise at 5pm that the call is scheduled for tomorrow.  Oh my achy shaky brain!  I did cross some items off my to do list though so not a completely wasted day x
    At least Not a wasted day 
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Was having a lovely sleep and got woken up by :scam call.  Talk about rude awakening.  I wish they would just leave us all alone!   :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Good so far, I won a fiver on Lottery set for life last night, and I finally managed to order a new Xbox from CEX using Dad's credit card.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope your cat feels better soon @Sandy_123

I hope your call goes well today @coylygirl :) And yes, scam calls certainly are a nuisance. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sandy_123
    @Tori_Scope thank you for asking.  I've been nursing my cat for a few days hoping to see improvement and get visits. Today we rushed him to vets as no change, they did oxygen therapy for a few hours and liquid and antibiotics, I waited close by for a few hours hoping. But was not to be, I had a call back suggesting we let him go, I was able to see him before and say good bye, because of covid he was bought out on car park in oxygen tent but that was fine got to stroke him and every thing. My house feels so empty.
  • Sandy_123
  • coylygirl
    Had an initial discussion with a therapist - who happens to be an old school friend from 35 years ago!  We had a great chat and she explained to me how my brain was working in mania and how it was affecting me physically.  Afterwards I managed to do something that I have been putting off for years and started the process of sorting out my debt problems and my benefits.  Just goes to show how the right support can be invaluable.  I feel as though I have a weight off my shoulders  :)
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm very sorry for your loss @Sandy_123. Losing a pet can be extremely difficult as they really become a part of the family. I'm glad you were able to stroke him and say goodbye. 

I love the photo that you've sent :) Do you have any more? Please feel free to share any happy memories or pictures you have of your cat, as that can sometimes ease a bit of the pain. Of course there's no pressure to if you'd find that upsetting. What was his name? 

• Tori_Scope
    That's fantastic to hear @coylygirl :) And what a coincidence that it's someone you used to know!

• coylygirl
    Just before Christmas I was feeling nostalgic and joined my old schools facebook pages.  I have made about a dozen new/old friends, including the old 'gang' from 6th form.  It's amazing to be back in touch with these wonderful people, who have changed, but not really changed  <3
  • Sandy_123
    @Tori_Scope is name was blue , I rescued him after his previous owner died, he was a part of the family, he was only 6 too young really. Worst part is the house feels empty.
  • Tori_Scope
    Joining the Facbook pages sounds like a good idea @coylygirl :) I can imagine it's really nice to be back in touch with them. My Mum is Canadian, but has been living here for a long time, and managed to get back in contact with old school friends she hadn't spoken to in decades through searching around on Facebook. 

• Tori_Scope
    It's understandable that the house feels emptier now @Sandy_123. Of course you'll never forget Blue, but you will learn to live with the loss over time :) Is it just you in the house? 

• Sandy_123
    @Tori_Scope majority of the time it's just me as my son works away. I shall try keep busy by doing house work and I need to walk to chemist, just small things you miss, like when I make a cuppa he's usually in the kitchen trying to get an extra pouch out of me. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn’t imagine getting in touch with people from school! I was the bullied kid in school :( I do wonder though: would they still bully me now? Or have most of them have grown up into decent adults? While it’s no excuse I do believe that most of the kids who bullied me only did it because they were scared of being bullied themselves if they didn’t - was just a couple of “leaders” who led the bullying if that makes sense!
  • Sandy_123
    @66Mustang I think every one at some point experienced bullying at school, I havnt seen any one for years as I moved to a different town when I left. I don't think I would be up for a reunion either.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Sandy_123 said:
    @66Mustang I think every one at some point experienced bullying at school, I havnt seen any one for years as I moved to a different town when I left. I don't think I would be up for a reunion either.
    No chance, in May 1995 I saw a "reunion" advertised up at Gleadless Valley school in the Sheffield Star, even though I'd left about 3 years previous I thought I'd attend, turns out there was only me that turned up! Even worse, because I didn't (and still don't) know the Bus routes in Norton, it took me 3 hours to get Home, I knew from vague memory that I could get the 48 from Blackstock Road, get off in Town and catch the 95 from the bottom of Commercial St, that didn't work out somehow.

• Sandy_123
    I'd say 3 years wasn't long enough to have a reunion, shame only you turned up.  Public transport can be a night mare 
  • coylygirl
    I only got in touch with the people who mattered to me.  The bullies can go take a flying leap  :)
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness