First post — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First post

Nic34
Nic34 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello im nicola 34. This is my first post. Nice to meet you. I struggle to walk and use aids such as a walking stick or wheelchair on bad days. I have chronic tiredness,  and chronic pain. I'm getting rested for m.s . I'm trying to stay above water n be positive in a differcult situation. 

Loosing my independence im finding hard

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ya @nic34 welcome, have you spoke to your Dr about pain management. It's not nice being in pain. Good luck with the tests your having. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined 

Lots of us here can empathise with how hard it is to adjust to become less independent 

I would personally describe it similar to the grieving process 

It will get better and we are here to support where we can 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicola34 and welcome to our community.  How are you doing today?

That sounds like a really tough position to be in and my heart goes out to you.  I think the 'not knowing' period before getting a diagnosis can be especially tricky, and I found it a relief to be able to put a name to what was going on inside my body.  Do you feel like you're getting enough support in terms of both your physical and emotional health?  

You might find it handy to browse the chats we have going on in our neurological conditions and physical impairments discussion boards.  While, if you'd like to meet more of our lovely members, the virtual coffee lounge is a nice place to kick back and relax in!

I hope you are having a nice chilled Sunday and looking forward to speaking with you more.  Take care :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Nic34
    Nic34 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi thanks for the useful information.  Il definitely take a look. I feel abit upsetting today if I'm honest. I'm not as able bodied as I was a year ago and I'm having a pretty rubbish mothers day. I feel sick and drained to. I'm so sick of having to go to more and more hospital appointments to. I don't feel like I'm getting enough support but I just keep moaning about pain constantly and very negative ?. 

I hope your having a good day and weathers ok xx

Brightness