Hi, my name is SuePaul07! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SuePaul07!

Options
SuePaul07
SuePaul07 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited April 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi.  I'm Sue and my husband is Paul.  Paul is a civil servant - well, he works for the Govt - and I'm his carer.  In 1965, Paul was born 9 weeks premature and was diagnosed with mild spina bifida and spastic diplegia.  He's also got Aspergers.  We live in a little village no-one had heard of until a year ago. Thank you Capt. Tom! :-).  We share our home with our 8 month old Golden Retriever, Merlin who is a boisterous puppy but great fun.  Paul's hobbies are classic Jaguars and motor sport.   Glad to be here.    
Best wishes
Sue

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."  Theodore Roosevelt - "The Man in the Arena" - a speech given at the Sorbonne, Paris on 23.04.1910.
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @SuePaul07 and thank you for telling us a little about yourself and your husband.
    Merlin is such a great name!

i hope you enjoy yourself here. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community and thanks for sharing info about you and Paul 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions.  You might like to visit our virtual coffee lounge or recent discussions as a good place to start 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SuePaul07 and a warm welcome to our community!  It's great that you've filled us in about your home life and Merlin sounds adorable!  <3

I'm pleased to see you've managed to find your way around the community and reply to some other discussions.  If you ever fancy a light-hearted chat to get to know some of our other members better, make sure to visit our virtual coffee lounge.  We chew the fat over allsorts in there and play lots of fun games!

Take care and I hope you and Paul have a great Tuesday. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SuePaul07 - & welcome to the community from me too. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @SuePaul07 :) Thanks for sharing some information about yourself and Paul.

How long have you had Merlin? Do you have any photos? I'm extremely jealous!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • SuePaul07
    SuePaul07 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Hi Tori_Scope. We've had Merlin since he was 8 weeks old - we know the lady who owns his dad and through her, we met the guy who owns his mum.  We first saw Merlin when he was 3 weeks old and it was love at first lick.  I've attached a couple of recent photos.  We're very lucky that we've got some really good, disabled (including wheelchair) accessible, spaces near us for walking him.  He's a cheeky boy but he's very gentle too.
    Best wishes
    Sue

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."  Theodore Roosevelt - "The Man in the Arena" - a speech given at the Sorbonne, Paris on 23.04.1910.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He's gorgeous @SuePaul07
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @SuePaul07

Just wanted to stop by, say hello, and add my welcome to the community!

And of course, once I spotted your photos of Merlin, I just had to take the time to say what a beautiful boy he is.

Yes, he definitely looks like a cheeky chap, but he's also got a look of 'butter wouldn't melt' ;)

Gorgeous! I can see why it was love at first lick. 

Anyway, welcome once again and looking forward to chatting with you some more in the future :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness