Astrazeneca vaccine - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Astrazeneca vaccine

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with @woodbine this shouldn't be discussed on any forum 

As people on here give advice the vacinations are covered by medical issues and we aren't allowed to advise on those so we shouldn't be advising on the vacinations we aren't medical professional  people how do we know what something does or doesn't do when there are different things reported all the time 

If advise is given and something happens isn't that the same as advising about a medical issue and it's wrong ????

Just makeing a point 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Mike I understand  I do read the science but it doesn't do any good putting it on here because it gets me into trouble I still belive its down to a person's choice  today its been said it may not work on the the variants there will always be something new reported and that is from the scientists  so at the end of the day  its a medical issue so we shouldn't be advising 

If advice is given and it goes wrong as I said in my above comment its a medical issue isn't it wrong to advise  ??
  • Lisatho11987777
    I forgot to put my example Mike as you have said and as I have also seen myself that one specific blood clot is related  so if we advise oh yes you will be fine and they got a clot wouldn't we be to blame and scope liable for allowing us to advise 
  • Lisatho11987777
    The point I was trying to make was we aren't allowed to advice on medication or medical issues and a vacination and the corona virus are medical issues 

I was just just using the clot as an example of advising someone to do something  and it went wrong thats all  sorry 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Whilst there have been suggestions that some vaccines might be linked to cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, & apologies for just looking quickly into this earlier, I think we are in agreement that any putative links are very small indeed.
    There's a huge difference in giving medical advice, or wrongful medical advice @lisathomas50 & trying to assure members that getting a Covid-19 vaccine is in their best interest. I don't believe either Mike or myself are advising, rather trying to debunk what appears on sites such as social media. As mentioned, you don't provide scientific/medical links.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Thread closed, pending review.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021

@LisaThomas50 The vaccine rollout is a global public health programme aimed at reducing covid-19 mortalities and prevalence.  The British government has published peer-reviewed information covering the safety of both AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines.  As-well as providing a ‘Yellow card’ reporting website for suspected side effects and guidance about the extremely rare incidence of blood clotting:

Around 4 people develop this condition for every million doses of AZ vaccine doses given.

Considering this, we are not giving medical advice but reiterating that from trusted, official sources.  We would encourage anyone who continues to have concerns over any aspect of the covid-19 vaccine to contact their GP to discuss the matter further.

As a reminder to all, please note the ‘Keep it safe’ section of our online guidelines which states:

Please be careful about sharing information:
    • Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Do not present opinions as facts.
    • Share only trusted resources.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    As I have already said you can remove my comments I didn't know about the blood clots until I saw it on here and I apologise I used the wrong example I shouldn't of commented at all realy so I apologise you can remove all my comments about the corona virus and it will be something I won't comment on again realy sorry a personal tragedy  made me lose perspective 
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited April 2021
    @lisathomas50 I'm sorry to hear about your personal tragedy.  I've sent you an email about the above to discuss this more privately, if you could give it a read and get back to me that would be appreciated.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • AlexGo
    AlexGo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited May 2021
    <Moderator removed - Unsubstantiated claim about covid-19 vaccine>. Eat food not medicine. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    @AlexGo hi and welcome to scope, might I suggest that getting varicose veins after a vaccine was mere conincidence?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni

Hi @AlexGo and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently developed varicose veins however this isn't a currently recognised side effect of any of the covid-19 vaccines.  For more information on known side effects, please see these respective patient information leaflets:

For this reason, I've edited your post as to avoid inadvertently misleading others and potentially deterring them from accessing the vaccine.  As per our house rules around 'Keeping it safe':

Please be careful about sharing information.
    · Always check that information is correct and appropriate.
    · Do not present opinions as facts.
    · Share reputable sources of information.

Please use this Yellow Card reporting website to report any suspected side effects to vaccines/medication that may concern you.  

Wishing you all the best :) 

• AlexGo
    edited May 2021
    This is a joke, I said (Removed by moderator, post contains unsubstantiated claims about the Coronavirus vaccine) and moderator deleted my text. Discrimination!!! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @AlexGo

It isn't discrimination in any sense it is important that information is factual and not just an assumption  with no factual back up to your claim 

The community do not want members being put off having the vaccine based on assumption and not fact 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    AlexGo said:
    This is a joke, I said I have a varicose veins because of AZ and moderator deleted my text. Discrimination!!! 
    In what way do you suspect it was discrimination? Scope has been very careful throughout the pandemic not to allow post that are only opinion based without evidence, especially where it might put people off taking up the vaccine.
    And rightly so.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Scope is only small in comparison not  defending things that aren't factual but the news and news papers and other social media sites can put people off but as I said before I don't think it should be discussed on any forum just my opinion 
  • AlexGo
    edited May 2021
    Well, I was thinking this is a forum where I can found more information about AZ but looks (Removed by moderator) where you only can say what moderator wants.  Maybe it's rare about (Removed by moderator, post contains unverified claims about Coronavirus vaccine) but some how GP say to me they are VERY BUSY at the moment and MINIMUM 3 months need wait go to hospital to see a doctor,  my 2 week past and still no one call me phlebotomy to get appointment.  So I'm here to see how many people have this problem and to read good advice.  Good luck
  • AlexGo
    And yes I reported long time ago to Yellow card. Don't think it will be some changes. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Closed, pending review
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AlexGo

Firstly, welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us. And I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with varicose veins.

I think in this current climate we have to be careful not to claim links between the various Coronavirus vaccines and symptoms we might develop around the time of taking the vaccine.
    Your initial post was edited because we have to be careful not to mislead anybody about the side-effects of taking a vaccine, and therefore I have edited further remarks that you've made about the vaccination in line with our community guidelines.

You are absolutely welcome to discuss your experience of taking the vaccine, and receive peer support from others, but I'd just like to remind everyone of the information that Cher shared earlier around the trusted sources for information relating to the vaccines:

You did the right thing in reporting your experience to Yellow card, I would encourage anybody to do the same if they experience difficulties following their vaccination. Of course, you can always ask for your GP's advice too, it's a shame in this situation that your GP seems to have a lengthy waiting list.

Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness