Astrazeneca vaccine - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Astrazeneca vaccine

124»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Must admit I'm unsure why this thread has re-opened. Thought the Scope team, & I felt the majority of members thought the same, that as far as scientific evidence has indicated, the various Covid vaccines are both safe & effective. A free for all where a member can 'anecdotally' say what they want, to the detriment of the majority of our community, seems a retrograde step IMHO. Doubt I'll report posts again.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    chiarieds said:
    Must admit I'm unsure why this thread has re-opened. Thought the Scope team, & I felt the majority of members thought the same, that as far as scientific evidence has indicated, the various Covid vaccines are both safe & effective. A free for all where a member can 'anecdotally' say what they want, to the detriment of the majority of our community, seems a retrograde step IMHO. Doubt I'll report posts again.
    @chiarieds Totally agree
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    It's bad enough, Mike, & I know both you & Poppy have suffered the most abuse, & then who wonders why some members have left? Inconsistencies can be dealt with with an open mind, downright abuse, or, as is important now, inaccuracies about the Covid vaccines, are another matter, & should be dealt with without tip-toeing around the original poster's 'concerns.'
    I can only say about this thread, I flagged it, with no initial response; the second time I flagged it, as we're asked to do, the thread was closed down, then re-opened!! I'm a bit lost off. What is the point of flagging genuine concerns if they're not properly addressed?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Trusted sources have also changed along the way  any medication has side affects that are listed on papper work that come with the medication  because that's what they know could happen new side affects come along every day doesn't mean the person is wrong  it just means it hasn't been looked into  yet to see if this could be a possible side affect 

[Removed by moderator - unsubstantiated claim]

This is a new vacination other side affects will show up along the way 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    In the side affects and in the writing  no where does it say that the vacination is 100 per cent safe and on one part of the trusted writen word it also says the vacination may not work for everyone so on reading the trusted information  people are also wrong by saying its effective and safe where yes in most cases it is and it says about the vacination being less of a risk 

People are saying about other people scarring them into not haveing the vacination on this forum but on TV and on social media and other forums have said when reading the trusted information that has scared them  

So in my opinion it depends how a person thinks  not what is said personally the trusted information scares me more 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2021
    @lisathomas50, I've edited part of your post where you've claimed your condition is listed in paperwork to not receive the vaccine as this is unsubstantiated. Those with Lupus are in one of the priority groups for the vaccine as seen on the Government website and in this press release from the Department of Health and Social Care. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to email it to me and I'll restore your post.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2021
    This thread will remain closed due to ongoing and repeated breaches of the community guidelines. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness