Hi, my name is Juancoval20! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Juancoval20!

Options
Juancoval20
Juancoval20 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2021 in Start here and say hello!
To whom this may concern 

Hi, I am Juan <moderator removed surname> - a 28-year-old author and aspiring speaker,  as someone who had a tough childhood and teen years due to having a disability, I have decided to make a miniseries on the difficulties a child goes through at school whatever the issues may be. Some examples include: 

• Truanting 
  • Being bullied 
  • Having dyslexia 
  • Having a disability
  • Bringing weapons into school 
This will be a self-funded project that I am working on and will want to get it out as many channels as possible and thought it would be a great idea to a charity that cares about making a difference to a child's life. I was hoping we could be in partnership, as all I would need is helping to get these episodes out to as many people as possible.

I look forward to hearing back from you 

Thank you 

Juan <moderator removed surname>

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @Juancoval20 and welcome to our community.  it's great to meet you and I admire your drive to help spread awareness about being disabled and the impact this can have on adolescence.  

When you produce your mini-series we'd be happy to share it on our online community so please do let us know how you get on. 

Also, just to advise, I've removed your surname from your posts as to protect your personal identity.  Please see our online community guidelines for more information about content that is/isn't allowed.  

I hope you have a great day and speak soon!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness