Hi, my name is 1_needs_help_please! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 1_needs_help_please!

1_needs_help_please
1_needs_help_please Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am struggling to get someone to help me assemble my 4 year olds mid sleeper bed as I dont have the instructions. I suffer from a rare genetic disorder which causes me constant pain amongst other symptoms. We have just moved home. My baby doesn't have a bed to sleep on at the moment. I have reached out on FB etc but only cowboys wanting stupid amounts of cash replied. It saddens me to see such selfish individuals are more intrested in making a quick buck out of a unwell mother rather than seeing a child sleeping in their own bed ?‍♀️ I really hope someone can help me, Sthelens, Merseyside area. Thank you ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry you are struggling to get help 

Unfortunately we don't offer that sort of service this is just a online forum 

Other than what you have already tried I'm not sure where you could get help without paying stupid money 

Do you not have any family or friends that could help 

Don't worry about not having instructions  you can probably get them off the Internet 

When I moved the removal men put everything together for me 
  • 1_needs_help_please
    Aw, thank you for your reply. My removal guys cancelled last min due to covid & I had no choice but to go with anyone that would do it. They broke most of my belongings & were not insured. It's only a 10 min job for the right person with a kind heart but these days they a very few & far between. Thanks again x
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    As saner said you might be able to look up the instructions on the internet, might also be worth asking the council they might be able to suggest someone who could help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @1_needs_help_please - might this be an opportunity to chat with your new neighbours? Perhaps one might be able to help with a little DIY knowledge, or, as has been suggested, contact your council, they might have a volunteer able to help.
  • Suzanne2
    Suzanne2 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Good morning! Do you use Facebook? If you search for your local community group and post a plea for help you will almost certainly get someone who will offer - in my area it is just fantastic how quick people are to offer their skills for this sort of thing. I hope you find someone
  • 1_needs_help_please
    Hi have done that but only companies have replied & want to charge as a business opportunity. Thanks anyway x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @1_needs_help_please

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear of your situation. As asked by others, do you have any friends or loved ones who can help you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness