Hi, my name is JoLynn! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JoLynn!

Options
JoLynn
JoLynn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I saw an add pop up and startrd TO read about your community. I saw an item about isolation and how it has effected us!. I.have Multiple Sclerosis, diagnosed 27yrs ago. So been with me over half my life. I just thought it would be nice to chat with other people who are in the same boat as ME. So I'm looking forward to diving in...

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to have a look around and join in 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @JoLynn - & welcome to this friendly & supportive online community. Ever so pleased you read about this & decided to join. So many of our members have said they have felt isolated either due to the pandemic, or the pandemic increasing the sense of isolation some of our members already felt.
    I don't know if this is the item you saw, but Scope have put together some resources that may be helpful, in part relating to isolation. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread
    We have many members with MS, & we all share an understanding about disability, so I'm sure you'll enjoy being a member. I look forward to seeing you about the forum; please do just join in with any discussions of interest, or have a look at our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for some varied informal chats. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JoLynn

Welcome to the community, I'm glad the ads worked :D 

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced isolation in the past, but I hope you find this place to be a very supportive, positive outlet for you. Hope you enjoy getting involved. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @JoLynn :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A slightly belated welcome to the community from me too @JoLynn :) How are you getting on? Have you had a chance to look around the community yet? I can see that you commented on one of the games in the coffee lounge, which is great. 

Please just give us a shout if you need anything! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me too 

Brightness