Hi I'm shaunm7 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm shaunm7

shaunm7
shaunm7 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Good morning 
I'm new to the site and looking to get as much help as I can.
Thank you in advance

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @shaunm7 - welcome to the community. Just let our members know what sort of help you need. :)
  • shaunm7
    Good Morning I have put a post up on the employment and carers page asking for help 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 
  • shaunm7
    Good Morning,
    I am looking for some advice please.
    My partner and myself are both on benefits due to illnesses/disabilities and we both claim U.C, Carers and PiP.
    My PiP is used for a mobility vehicle so we are both able to get around and away from the boredom of the house and my partner gets our UC topped up with lwcra.
    Now the thing is I have mental health issues and I'm not afraid to admit this but I have gotten it into my head I am fit enough to go back to work. I have been and spoke to an employer who is happy to employ me. We understand (took a while for my partner to get me to understand) due to this I will loose the carers allowance for my partner, we will loose the UC due to me working but the thing we aren't sure about is does my partner loose her lwcra and what happens to my PiP (mobility vehicle)? 
    Can anyone please help
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shaunm7 :) Thanks for joining the community, it's good to have you with us. I can see that you've already made a separate post asking your question, which is great. 

If you have any problems using the site, or need anything at all, please just give us a shout. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness