Hi, my name is Suzita! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Suzita!

Suzita
Suzita Community member Posts: 13 Connected
It would be nice to meet new friends on here

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Have a look around and feel free to join in or ask any questions 

A good place to start is in our coffee lounge 
  • Suzita
    Thank-you.  I will do.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Suzita

Wishing you a very warm welcome :) 

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Suzita
    Hi,  I have psychosis and OCD and Anxiety.  I have been struggling with isolation during this pandemic it's been really hard.  And have been waking up with severe anxiety.  I have a very loving supportive husband.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suzita

Thanks for that, I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling with isolation during the pandemic, I know that many others have too. It's great that you have a loving husband though. Fingers crossed this community can help you feel more involved and relieve some of that isolation.

Are you receiving all the support you need from your GP to manage your OCD, psychosis and anxiety?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suzita - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. It's nice to know a little about yourself, so thank you for saying. I hope you enjoy being part of the community, & that it may lessen your isolation a little. :)
  • Suzita
    Thank-you for your reply and the warm welcome.  I am looking forward to chatting with others on line.  It really helps thankyou
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're most welcome @Suzita Come & try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to meet other members, & we even have word games too. :)
  • Suzita
    will do thanks :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Suzita. To the community ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Suzita
    Hi,  thank-you for the welcome.  Hope your day is going well
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Suzita :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suzita welcome to the community  hope to see you around chatting on the community ? 
  • Suzita
    Hi Lisa,  thank-you for the Welcome,  how are you,  
  • dollsky
    dollsky Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    hi suzita! I'm also looking for friends! I struggle with anxiety and depression its horrible isnt it. hope your well x
  • Suzita
    I have anxiety depression and Psychosis and OCD.  It's not great for sure.  I get my good days and not so good days.  Nice to receive your text.  I hope that your anxiety and depression gets better soon.  I live in a flat in a tower block.  Even though I have my husband once we shut the door that's it we see no one.  Except for the odd occasion we see our neighbour.  It's a lonely life.  I do knitting and knitted a rug.  Making another one.  And my husband bought me crystal art.  So that I have something to do.  I have a set routine everyday.  Look forward to communicating with you on here.  And hope we can be friends.  ??
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Suzita and a warm welcome from me too, how's it going today?  Are you receiving support from a mental health team with the conditions you describe?  I hope so but if not, do let us know.

I am very envious of your knitting abilities!  If ever you want to share pics of your crafts with our other members, you can on this Kaleidoscope thread.  As you can see, we have lots of artistic, talented people about!

I hope you have a fab Thursday and if you fancy a natter, you are always welcome here :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Suzita
    Hi Cher,  lovely to receive your message,  I have a nurse once a month who comes and sees me, and they are seeing if I can get a support worker once a week 2hours.  I get very lonely in my day and I struggle not having family close, as my daughters live far away.  Where abouts are you from.  I live in Hertfordshire.  Not far from London. 

Brightness