PIP haven't received review forms. They've said we might have to resend them. What can we do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP haven't received review forms. They've said we might have to resend them. What can we do?

Options
JamesTheFonz
JamesTheFonz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was looking for any advice anyoney can give - I am the carer for my wife who has multiple illnesses we submitted her PIP review forms about a month ago 11 days before the deadline - she received a letter this morning to say they were cancelling her PIP as of last week as they had not received her forms - after contacting them by phone they admitted there was potentially a 3 week delay in receiving things because of a huge backlog but still insisted that the PIP was cancelled until they receive the forms - all they would offer is to send out new forms to be filled in - which would then also go into this ongoing backlog so potentially she will be without PIP for 2 months - all I got was sorry not our problem - anyone had similar problem anything she can do

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would phone again and ask for a manager to call you, it could well be that they have been received but due to back-logs haven't been put on the system and until they are they are seen as not received.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    I always get proof of posting as well when sending anything important.  That way you can check with the post office and see if its been delivered.

Its amazing how often they find my paperwork when I tell them I've got proof of posting.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TheAlien said:
    I always get proof of posting as well when sending anything important.  That way you can check with the post office and see if its been delivered.

Its amazing how often they find my paperwork when I tell them I've got proof of posting.

With proof of posting (which is free) you don't know if it's been delivered.
    With next day delivery (signed for) that costs, you still don't know if it's been delivered to DWP because it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail. It's not with DWP at this stage because it's still at Royal mail sorting office, somewhere in the building. It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer. All you've done here is is wasted your money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.