£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus

tcellmutation
tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge
How will you spend yours?
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited December 2021
    Of the two family members I know of that are entitled, one donated it to charity and one put it towards extra food. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I never know when they have paid it so just goes towards daily liveing lol 
  • tcellmutation
    It's paid in the first full week of December so from tomorrow
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
     Buy a toy and donate to local children's ward 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
          Donate it to your local food bank
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It's paid in the first full week of December so from tomorrow

That's the qualifying week. It can be paid anytime in December. https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We always donate ours to the Salvation Army Christmas appeal, if the £10 had increased with inflation over the last 40 odd years it would now be around £150.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ll probably need it to pay for gas over Christmas, well Christmas Day anyway! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• tcellmutation
    I'm going to spend £5 on food for me, bread, eggs and milk, and £5 on food for my cat. I'm going to eat very slowly and I expect the same from my cat
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    After receiving an energy bill of almost £170 I think mines already spoken for.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Mines going on a Just Giving donation to an undecided cause. £10 is nothing to most but those who have £0 it can go a long way.
  • Lisatho11987777
    My gas bills are realy high because of my mum she doesnt realise I don't have loads of money my heating is on all day then I turn it off and mum puts it back on in the night my last gas bill instalment which is monthly was 400.00 pound 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    I know how you feel @lisathomas50
    E-ON sent me a quarterly bill of £200 (£110 last year)
    They said I need to pay £160 or they’ll put my bill up to £180 a month so I’ll have to pay that tomorrow.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @bg844 it's awful the prices I am thinking of going on the pay as you go smart meter and mum can see how much it costs makes me laugh because in her own house she wouldn't put the heating on now she lives with me she puts it on even when I dont know lol 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    I have to keep my heating on as I develop hypothermia really easily, even a quick trip outside in cold weather can be dicey.  My temperature is usually less than 36degrees, sometimes even as low as 35.2, and once its dropped I can only raise it with a hot bath.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    My gas bills are realy high because of my mum she doesnt realise I don't have loads of money my heating is on all day then I turn it off and mum puts it back on in the night my last gas bill instalment which is monthly was 400.00 pound 

That's ridiculous for a month. I've just had my gas bill for a month and it was £52 this time. My heating is on 24/7 this weather. I put it on the thermostat at 20 degrees but i do increase it to 21 degrees in the evening if it's very cold.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    tcellmutation said:... I expect the same from my cat
    Good luck with that!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @poppy123456 my mum has it on the highest it will go and its on all day and all night most days and the gas fire is on from 6am until 11pm in both rooms and 8 radiators are on the highest they will go and mum is still wrapped in a blanket I have to go outside because its so hot 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    That still sounds excessive though @lisathomas50 , you need to compare prices and look around and maybe use Scopes energy service for some help? 

Plus, surely she is contributing to costs if she is staying there? 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    MarkM88 said:
    That still sounds excessive though @lisathomas50 , you need to compare prices and look around and maybe use Scopes energy service for some help? 
    No one can get prices for a new contract below the price cap at the moment. Sounds like excessive use of gas.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness