Hi, I'm AiryFairy! I have CP. I find myself alone in the evening, and am looking to make friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm AiryFairy! I have CP. I find myself alone in the evening, and am looking to make friends

AiryFairy
AiryFairy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everbody I just thought I would come to see what you are all about ? I have Cerebral Palsy and live in Exeter with supported living help, but find myself alone in the evening. I would like to connect with people to ease the loneliness of these evenings and hopefully make some lifelong friends.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

You should visit the coffee lounge for general discussions and games 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hello @AiryFairy :)

Welcome to the community and it's lovely to have you here with us :) 

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself. The community is a great place to make friends and to share experiences and ideas with one another. As @janer1967 mentioned, the coffee lounge is a great place to start to get the conversation going and to meet new people :) Please see the link here for the coffee lounge. 

Also, you might be interested in our cerebral palsy information page and network. This is a dedicated space for our members with cerebral palsy to chat about their condition and other related things. The link can be found here, for the cerebral palsy page :) 

If you have any further questions, please just let us know. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @AiryFairy :) How are you doing today? 

It's great to see that you've joined in with one of our games in the coffee lounge already! I hope that you manage to connect with some likeminded members there.

As Libby has said, our cerebral palsy category would also be a good place to visit. You may be interested in the CP Cafe that Scope and CP Sport run together on Monday evenings. If you have any questions about this, I'm sure @Richard_Scope would be happy to help. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AiryFairy and welcome :) Hope you enjoy exploring the forum!

What's the best thing about living in Exeter?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Reg
    Reg Community member Posts: 109 Pioneering
    Hello @AiryFairy

How are you doing today?

Hope you are enjoying the community . There is always something interesting on it - today I learnt more about accessible gardening - now just need to wait for the Spring when the weather is better. 

Do you have any hobbies ? I am an avid reader as I find that I can be anyone or anywhere when I am engrossed in a good book .
    Reg 
    Reg

I am a Scope volunteer.

Brightness