Pip and sick note — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and sick note

Dawnw
Dawnw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
HI ON PIP  be assessed and still been asked for sick notes do I need to provide them 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sick notes have never been needed for PIP and i'm unsure why your were sending them and even more so why they're asking you for them.

Are you getting confused by ESA or universal credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dawnw
    I was on esa sick contributions where had to put a sick note in now I have been awarded pip and im getting letters from them saying need to send sick note as my money will stop. I do think they must have this mixed up from when was on esa contributions. Is it right I do not have to send sick note when claiming pip. And should I inform esa they have got mixed up. 
  • Dawnw
    I went to citizens advice today and the reason I have to send sicknotes in to pip is to pay my national insurance
  • poppy123456
    Dawnw said:
    I went to citizens advice today and the reason I have to send sicknotes in to pip is to pay my national insurance
    That's not correct advice. You don't need a sick note claim PIP at all. PIP don't pay your NI contributions either.

Your National Insurance contributions are paid by ESA, are you in a group for ESA or on assessment rate for ESA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dawnw
    Been told when I rang to see why having to send sicknotes when claiming pip that my esa contributions is a open case and can apply for esa50 capability to work do you know if this is true 
  • Dawnw
    As well as claiming pip can you get esa50
  • poppy123456
    The ESA50 is a work capability assessment form that they will eventually send you for your ESA work capability assessment. It's not a benefit you can apply for.

If you've been awarded PIP then the ESA assessment is similar to that but it's about your ability to work.
  • Dawnw
    Would my pip get taken of me if they say im  capable for work, or is this something else I can claim
  • poppy123456
    PIP and ESA are completely different benefits, so if you're found fit for work then it won't affect your PIP.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi there,

I'd suggest you or someone with you gives them both a call? 

You can be working (as @poppy123456 says) and does affect PIP unless your work contradicts your PIP assessment. For example on PIP you say you can't lift and you start working somewhere where you are lifting etc.

Have you got medical certificates? Maybe worth giving ESA and the PIP dudes a call and get it sorted. Damn annoying  aren't they.... .. 

So stressful. 

Hope it can get sorted quickerty split

• morose
    morose Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    My partner is on ESA & PIP the first one I was told by them they didn't require a sick note,the second PIP have never answered me when I asked about it,so I send one in for him every 3 months. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    morose said:
    My partner is on ESA & PIP the first one I was told by them they didn't require a sick note,the second PIP have never answered me when I asked about it,so I send one in for him every 3 months. 
    PIP does not require a fit note. 
  • poppy123456

morose said:

I answered your question on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/88459/hi-my-name-is-morose#latest
    PIP has nothing at all to do with being unable to work which is why fit notes are not needed.
    If your partner hasn't yet had a work capability assessment for ESA then fit notes will need to continue to be sent until a decision's been made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.