author writing about cp--can you help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

author writing about cp--can you help?

Options
Andromeda
Andromeda Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello--I'm writing a novel in which one of the main characters is a young man with cerebral palsy. I want to be accurate in my portrayal of this person (born in the West Country the early 1960s) and the challenges and resources he would have encountered.
I would very much appreciate being in touch (through this forum) with anyone who'd be willing to help me.
Please let me know if you'd like to respond, and I'll give more specific questions. Thanks.

Comments

• RuthGreen
    RuthGreen Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    You might find the recorded interviews from Speaking for Ourselves at www.speakingforourselves.org.uk useful - there are 230 hours of interviews from people with cp aged 50 and over (recorded 2006) - please contact editor@scope.org.uk if you need any further info
  • Andromeda
    Andromeda Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    thanks! I've read and listened to some of these and they're wonderful, very informative and inspiring

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.