Hi, my name is Ytyvet! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ytyvet!

Options
Ytyvet
Ytyvet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm hearing impaired with mobility problems as well and osteoarthritis as a result of being knocked down when I was a little girl. I'm facing knee surgery in the near future as my right knee has become deformed quite badly.  I also am suffering badly from depression due to my health but also the sudden death of my husband nearly two years ago. My children help as much as they can but they do have their own lives to load plus my youngest daughter is doing her GCSE exams in the next few months which is stressful enough without her own issues of depression. She has also been diagnosed with mild hyper mobility which racks her body with pain some days and she can't go to school on those days which her school struggles with as attendance, thanks the Government ,is so important no matter how genuine the reasons for absence are.
Thats a little bit about me.

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    My condolences on your husband's passing. I wish you really good luck on your future knee surgery. That might help a little with your depression. Wish your daughter good luck for me too.
  • Ytyvet
    Ytyvet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • ang
    ang Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi can you ask a school liason officer or attendance officer to come see you and you can discuss your illness and your daughters illness properly so they fully understand and come to some arrangements. 
    It must be hard for you ....I suffer from various things mainly crps so I know what you are going through. ..my youngest is in college so it must be hard to juggle things .
    I hope things get better and hope knee operation goes well x
  • ang
    ang Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options

ang said:
    Hi can you ask a school liason officer or attendance officer to come see you and you can discuss your illness and your daughters illness properly so they fully understand and come to some arrangements. 
    It must be hard for you ....I suffer from various things mainly crps so I know what you are going through. ..my youngest is in college so it must be hard to juggle things .
    I hope things get better and hope knee operation goes well x
    Sorry for your loss ...bless you ...and hope someone can help you with this and depression x

Brightness