How is your day going?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

@Sandy_123 hope you feel better soon!
    @ada sorry to hear you're still getting the stomach pain, though I agree with everyone, you probably should contact your GP as it's been going on for a while. As for losing things, that's quite common for ND people, it's called "object permanence" if it's not in front of us, there's a darn good chance we'll forget about it. 😅

@rubin16 I always go off my food when it gets hot, it's never fun!

I really hope the pooch is ok @Beaver79 !

@66Mustang @Biblioklept I couldn't swim in public any more either, I'm glad sis found a private hire pool for us to use though. Even then I feel weird doing it. 😆

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing

Eeek looks like I missed a couple of posts, so sorry I think they came when I was writing my big one.

I hope your doggo is okay @Beaver79!! Good luck at the vets ❤️

Good morning to you @Albus_Scope!! I'll take as much sun shade and ice cream as you're willing to part with! I think the sun is getting to my head, probably explains my PM back to you 😅 I'm trying to train myself to like wearing socks but I swear it's like 1000x hotter when I wear them!!

Glad you found the tens machine @Ada! I don't really know what they do, they look like those machine things people use simulate labour 🤣 does it contract the muscles when you wear them?

Morning @rubin16! 😊 My appetite goes in the heat, not sure why! 4 days is a while though, are you feeling okay other than that?

Ooooooooh great idea @Sandy_123!! I invested in one of those giant parasol things with a stand last year and I think maybe I didn't set it up properly or it was broken or something because even the slightest bit of wind it would sway all over or the brolly part would close 🤣 WIll have a look at what you've suggested, thank you! ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,134 Championing

With your big brolly @Biblioklept has it got a base that usually stops them from swaying some have bases that need water inside them

• Biblioklept

I didn't even know they did such a thing as private pools like that @Albus_Scope, do you not have to speak to the owner when you arrive? I'd wonder if they're just sat watching me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a great idea though!!! Do you go often??

Don't get me started on object permanence, I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached!! When I moved in here I'd learnt a bit about it so now have most my stuff displayed or organised where I can see it without opening stuff, it's helped a little but god it sucks. I can't tell you how much of my house is made up of things I've ordered because I forgot I had it already or couldn't find something 😅

• Biblioklept
    edited June 26

The base is heavily weighted and comes in four parts thay way soooo much each so I'm not sure it's that, it sways at the top, like the arm that comes out holding the brolly part 😥

• Sandy_123

If it's the banana brolly the top is meant to sway but if it's got heavy weights around it at the bottom it won't topple. I gave mine away as it was too big for me and heavy

• Sandy_123
    edited June 26

Here we go with the drs referred me to a chemist to that has no bus service or walking distance. Rang them up they said it's not on there system so to get InTouch with drs again. I give up

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 843 Championing

I feel okay, just can't seem to eat anything or get hungry. I get to the point where I'm feeling weak and even then can only nibble at things.

• Biblioklept

Eugh what pain!!!!! Honestly drives me mad. They should check that it's even accessible to you first before referring off, I get so frustrated by this sort of thing 😔

Have you called the drs again @Sandy_123 ? xx

• Sandy_123

I re messaged them and told them they replied with someone will call you tomorrow after 2pm or ring 111

Ridiculous @Biblioklept

• Biblioklept

😕sorry @Sandy_123, that's awful!

Are you still feeling rubbish? Maybe have a short nap if you can? xx

• Albus_Scope

Oh what a massive pain @Sandy_123 that's so rubbish of the GPs! I agree a power nap could be a good idea. 😊

• rubin16

@Sandy_123 Thats so frustrating, chemists should by now be using 1 system and can get up any prescription so you can goto any chemist and collect anything. I hate this nominating a chemist system, before I switched GP's my old gp used to send them miles away for some reason.

• rubin16

Hope your dog has a speedy recovery, good thing you went to the vets this morning. Whats your plans for the rest of the day?

• Biblioklept

Oh no, poor little pup!!!! Sorry @Beaver79!! At least you were looking out for them and took them to the vets, so they can start getting better ❤️ I hope you're doing okay xx

• Biblioklept

If it carries on it might be worth speaking to a doctor @rubin16, like I know that isn't easy at the moment because appointments are non-existent but getting to the point you're feeling weak etc isn't good xx

• rubin16

I bought a sandwich from the shop as fancied an energy drink so got a meal deal instead, but I've just been sat looking at the sandwich for 20mins 😂

@Beaver79 wow thats expensive. I really want a pet but when it comes to vet bills and things I'm not sure I could afford one. I would have to use the PDSA if I had a pet or atleast get it insured, but with insurance do you have to pay upfront first and then claim the money back? not sure how it works.

• Sandy_123

I feel rubbish to be honest and I'm having a slow day

@rubin16 I agree maybe get to speak to a Dr

@beaver79 that's good then dog is sorted

Got me @Albus_Scope to hey asked for a pic how does one take a selfie of tonsils

• Albus_Scope

Haha, that's something I wasn't expecting to be asked today @Sandy_123 🤣

I've had to do that myself and found it easier using the front facing camera, with the light on, then get infront of a mirror and just hope for the best.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

Hey everyone thanks for your nice messages I throughly enjoyed the Aqua and I even managed to walk home, it took me a while to walk but I did it and I’m so glad I pushed myself. I’m jealous off all off yous there’s no sunshine up here. I know it might be to warm for some off yous but the heat really helps my bones.

@Sandy_123
    Sorry your getting messed about with the duct it’s and chemist. I hope it gets sorted quick for you.

@Bibliokept
    I think you should definitely go with the bright curtains it’ll brighten everywhere up for you.

@rubin16
    Sorry your poorly again I hope you feel better soon.

@66Mustang
    Hope your meeting with your support worker went well.

@Beaver79
    That’s a shame poor dog hope the antibiotics work quickly, pity about the price you had to pay. 🙄

❤️

Tagging messing about again.