Review on Trustpilot. New site

Comments

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 547 Pioneering

before my strokes i suffered from cluster headaches i used to split my injections so i could take 4 a day instead of 2 i had a headache one night and jabbed myself with an empty one she who must be obeyed found me in the garden in my boxers pacing around in the snow the good old days the strokes cured the headaches but caused mobility and sight problems fair exchange and laughter is good for you

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,079 Championing
    edited September 18

Ooo that's some trade-off 😉 sounds better to me but I'm not you!

• michael57

ah i can live with the exchange never been a woe is me kind of guy just gotta keep smiling life gives you a lemon just put some sugar on it

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,466 Championing
    edited September 18

Just added my review - great to see everyone elses 😍

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,576 Championing

@chiarieds is Poppy ok I've seen her on the forum lately

• chiarieds

Hi @Sandy_123 - poppy is fine; she's on holiday with her youngest daughter & having a lovely relaxing time & will be back home later this week.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,576 Championing

Oh nice I didn't know she was on holiday

• michael57

i have just had a gander its good that you can see all the reviews that people leave 😈

• chiarieds

Hi @michael57 - it is good that you can see all the reviews & hopefully some of our more positive ones will soon outweigh some of t'others. I was trying to be diplomatic 😔sad face.

• michael57

ah i have no problem with scope i am a big boy and can make my own mind up about users they tolerate me for that i am thankful haha i was in fact referring to being able to see all there reviews not just the scope ones

• chiarieds

I see @michael57 - Scope is a great forum & Admin are pretty good about looking after us all. May I ask did you ever look after any Welsh Blacks? Altho my then husband & his parents had a small holding & were poultry farmers, I remember the 4 Welsh Blacks we went to collect; what lovely cattle they were.

• vikki66
    vikki66 Community member Posts: 866 Empowering

@Nightcity - what genre(s) of music did you play on the night radio show? That’s the best timeslot.

• michael57

welsh blacks are better suited for beef production having better milk composition than most modern dairy cows they just dont produce enough to satisfy the modern farmer monthly milk cheque

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,172 Trailblazing
    edited September 19

Pop,Rock,new wave, alternative and indie.

I will be relaunching it if I can get the right support. It was running for 19 months had a lot of shows and DJs. It was handy because the server meant everyone could connect from their homes or studios or send me the MP3 for ore recorded.

However I just couldn't afford to keep renewing the licenses annually and website costs etc.

Nobody wanted to help, but literally hundreds care now it's gone!

But I'll see what's what after that awful budget.

I'm really pleased you didn't leave btw!

• vikki66

@Nightcity thanks for your response.

I’m a music lover, used to be a gig-goer in the past. I got a streamer so I could listen to radio shows from all over. It’s amazing to be able to tune into eg a little station in Alaska, or NPR in Detroit, and so on. Obviously I love stations here too, but the ones I mentioned are still more of a novelty because I always wanted to be able to hear US stations especially, but didn’t have a computer.

Re what you said about nobody wanting to help, but everybody sorry after you’d gone - that is the way of everything, and I know it sucks having experienced it (not in radio). I’ll bet the shows are missed, as it’s so good for many people to hear little, non-mainstream, stations. I never listen to big stations, because I either hate their culture, the adverts, the celebrity-worship, and so on.

Have you ever thought of going for some kind of funding? My friend had a couple of albums funded, and I know somebody who used to run a community station who got funding. I just mean there’s funding out there, but it would probably be a lot of stress for one person to do the funding applications and run the station.

I’m often (gently) mocked because when people ask me about tv, I say I don’t have it, and I ask them about radio. You should see the responses from younger people - their faces literally twist with confusion. I know music-lovers still love radio, so I’m only talking about my nieces and nephews, and friends’ kids who listen to music through tiktok (etc)

• Nightcity

I was doing everything alone as you say so finances eventually destroyed it (well paused it) I don't "do" adverts so that wasn't an option on air but the website would of been happy to host some. I have thought about Crowdfunding etc but I don't really understand all that either.

The station focused on forgotten songs by huge names with a small balance of more played ones, I think that's what people loved, the haven't heard that since it charted sort of thing.

I've kept all the jingles and logos etc so a relaunch wouldn't be hard.

• vikki66

@Nightcity - I’ve got a couple of arts-type things that launched through Kickstarter. They gave items as reward, though I have also seen launches where they don’t have product as such, but might be happy to list somebody as a supporter if the person wanted, or they promise something like the glow of spreading community cheer as the reward. You might also be able to access funding that’s there to help people with disabilities (I never mention disability in my day-to-day, and neither does anybody I know), so I’m not sure if applying for dedicated funding would bother you if you then had to make some sort of bow as a disabled person in return for such money. I’m not knocking any element of anything there, as it’s up to individuals how they express their own identity, and all power to anybody who wants to access disability funding.

Mostly forgotten tracks balanced by a few hits sounds like a good approach. It would be way more interesting for you too.

Something I’m terrible at - playlists. I never seem to make one I’m happy with. No matter what I start with, I end up dissatisfied a couple of tracks in, so I end up just throwing in a variety and pressing shuffle. Do you find arranging the track list for a show easy, or do you have to put a lot of thought?

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,396 Online Community Team

Ooh, i do love a good playlist @vikki66 I ended up making one of my old TikTok creators a playlist for their livestreams. It ended up being 9 hours long. 😆

Have you thought about maybe doing something on other media @Nightcity? Like Twitch or similar? Could be some good practice to get you back into the flow of things.

• Nightcity

People did their own shows based on the format of the station, unhosted slots and shows there was a shuffle on the server so once a playlist was done once, it'll kick in at it's timeslot with appropriate Jingles and on shuffle. Playlists exceeded 500 tracks as minimum to.prevent constant repeats.

• Nightcity
    edited September 19

It's only the cost stopping me at the moment I wanted to turn it and a couple of limited other things I could do into self employment but I don't have the contacts for example getting the station sponsored and paid advertisers on the website.

I'll never be out the flow because I could operate that in my sleep.

@Albus_Scope

This discussion has been closed.