When will I get my first LCWRA payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my first LCWRA payment

Options
abett123
abett123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I’m new here I’m very confused when I will get my first payment or if I’m owed any money I gave my first fit note to uc on 5.09.22 and have not missed any gaps,  I got given my WCA form 16.11.22 and my WCA appointment 9.3.23 and decision 11.3.23 will I be owed any money and will I get my first LCWRA payment with my uc this month march 24th my ap is from 18th-17th

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Three months takes you to 5th December. LCWRA is payable from the next full assessment 18th December to 17th January. Therefore you should LCWRA in your payment and a separate arrears payment for the 24th February and February payments.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • abett123
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Three months takes you to 5th December. LCWRA is payable from the next full assessment 18th December to 17th January.
    Hey Thankyou for such a quick response! Hope your well Thankyou for that so I’m assuming from what you said I might be owed dec/jan jan/feb does that mean I get my first extra payment from LCWRA this month with my next payment on 24th?
  • calcotti
    edited March 2023
    Options
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:
    Three months takes you to 5th December. LCWRA is payable from the next full assessment 18th December to 17th January.
    Hey Thankyou for such a quick response! Hope your well Thankyou for that so I’m assuming from what you said I might be owed dec/jan jan/feb does that mean I get my first extra payment from LCWRA this month with my next payment on 24th?
    No, as I explained the arrears will be paid separately.
    That can take a while for them to calculate.

For the LCWRA for Feb to March payment on 24th March you should check the statement as soon as it is made available.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • abett123
    Options
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:
    Yes I understand that part but the LCWRA element 354 extra if I’m correct will that be in my march statement? And the backdated part will be separate 
  • calcotti
    Options
    I’m not clear what else you are asking.
  • abett123
    Options
    calcotti said:

I understand that uc will calculate if I’m owed anything due to me being accepted for LCWRA but I’m wondering if this month with my march payment will I start receiving the LCWRA element withing my payment not the backdated but just the extra payment?
  • calcotti
    Options
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

I understand that uc will calculate if I’m owed anything due to me being accepted for LCWRA but I’m wondering if this month with my march payment will I start receiving the LCWRA element withing my payment not the backdated but just the extra payment?
    See
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

For the LCWRA for Feb to March payment on 24th March you should check the statement as soon as it is made available.

• abett123
    Options
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

See
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

It’s made available on the 20th of this month so I should have the extra LCWRA element along side with my standard allowance and housing? It’s very confusing I’m sorry

• abett123
    Options
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

See
    calcotti said:
    abett123 said:
    calcotti said:

It’s made available on the 20th of this month so I should have the extra LCWRA element along side with my standard allowance and housing? It’s very confusing I’m sorry

I do apologise it’s just baffling me haha I just want to know if this month I’m gonna start getting LCWRA element with my money and I get that uc will be in touch as soon as they calculated what they owe me
  • calcotti
    Options
    abett123 said:It’s made available on the 20th of this month so I should have the extra LCWRA element along side with my standard allowance and housing? It’s very confusing I’m sorry
    Its opening post is 24th.
    abett123 said:.. will I get my first LCWRA payment with my uc this month march 24th my ap is from 18th-17th
    24th is the correct payment date for an AP of 18th to 17th. It’s what’s due but, as advised, you should keep an eye on the statement just to check that they have processed the need.

I’m not clear what you are asking.

If they haven’t included it you should just need a query as a journal message. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    UC is one payment made up of many different elements. The LCWRA element will be included in with your monthly money and will increase your maximum entitlement by £354.28/month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • abett123
    Options
    UC is one payment made up of many different elements. The LCWRA element will be included in with your monthly money and will increase your maximum entitlement by £354.28/month.
    Will that LCWRA element of 354.28 will that start being paid from my pay day 24th of march they gave me a decision on 11.3.23 and my ap is from 18th-17th
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As Calcotti has advised a few times it should be included in your statement for this month, you will need to check it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • 1Yorkshire1
    1Yorkshire1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Three months takes you to 5th December. LCWRA is payable from the next full assessment 18th December to 17th January. Therefore you should LCWRA in your payment and a separate arrears payment for the 24th February and February payments.
    Hi, I'm New here also claiming UC for first time, I need some help and advice about my benefits. 
    I claimed my UC on 07/09/2022 and I got my first pay out on 13/11/2022.
    Due to my mental health I was told to give fit note in,so I gave my first fit note in started from 30/09/2022 continue till today which runs out on 04/07/2023.
    On 14/12/2022 I received a message,i was referred to WCA, I received the form filled it and sent it back, I had my WCA Assessment on 11/04/2023, on 20/04/2023 decision was made to grant me LCWRA. 
    I like to know from what date my LCWRA will start and will it be back dated, I normally get my UC pay on every 13th of the month.  Thanks 
    Kind regards 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @1Yorkshire1 your waiting period will be Oct to Jan…. LCWRA starts from assessment period Jan 7th to Feb 6th and first payment will be 13th Feb. This means they owe you 3 months LCWRA element.

Money owed is usually paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. 

You need to check your next statement to make sure the element is included.
  • 1Yorkshire1
    Options
    @1Yorkshire1 your waiting period will be Oct to Jan…. LCWRA starts from assessment period Jan 7th to Feb 6th and first payment will be 13th Feb. This means they owe you 3 months LCWRA element.

Money owed is usually paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. 

Thank you so much for information, I didn't receive any LCWRA element, I only got my UC payment on the 13th of Feb which is every 13th of the month, maybe LCWRA will start from May. Thanks again. 
    Kind regards 
  • poppy123456
    Options

Thank you so much for information, I didn't receive any LCWRA element, I only got my UC payment on the 13th of Feb which is every 13th of the month, maybe LCWRA will start from May. Thanks again. 
    Kind regards 
    I know you didn’t receive the extra money in your Feb payment, that’s because the decision wasn’t made until 20th April, 5 days ago. 

I did advise that payment will start from Feb, which is why they owe 3 months LCWRA element. As advised here. 
    This means they owe you 3 months LCWRA element.

• 1Yorkshire1
    Options

Kind regards 
    I know you didn’t receive the extra money in your Feb payment, that’s because the decision wasn’t made until 20th April, 5 days ago. 

I did advise that payment will start from Feb, which is why they owe 3 months LCWRA element. As advised here. 
    This means they owe you 3 months LCWRA element.

That's OK I understand, thanks for help and advice, 
    Kind regards 
  • tattyted68
    tattyted68 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    I had my UC capability for work telephone assessment today, I was told at the end that I will not be forced or asked to return back to work because of the medication I'm on and the severity of the surgery I have had, I was told I would receive letter in next 2/3 weeks stating how much money I will be getting. Is this LWCRA and what is the amounts, I had surgery on the 20th april 2023. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I had my UC capability for work telephone assessment today, I was told at the end that I will not be forced or asked to return back to work because of the medication I'm on and the severity of the surgery I have had, I was told I would receive letter in next 2/3 weeks stating how much money I will be getting. Is this LWCRA and what is the amounts, I had surgery on the 20th april 2023. 

You need to wait for the decision to be made. It's not the assessors place to say anything to you because they do not make decisions. They make recommendations only.

Once the assessment report is returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once it's made, if you have access to a journal the decision letter will be uploaded onto there.

If found to have LCWRA your UC maximum entitlement will increase by £390.06/month from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. (assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.