When will I get my first LCWRA payment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my first LCWRA payment

Options

Comments

• tattyted68
    tattyted68 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, the assessor told me I had nothing to worry about, and would receive this in writing within 2 to 3 weeks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you, the assessor told me I had nothing to worry about, and would receive this in writing within 2 to 3 weeks
    I understand they were trying to reassure you but it’s not their job to do that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tattyted68
    Options
    Thank you, I shall await their decision and reply .
    I have my PIP assessment today also 
  • irishmancboy
    irishmancboy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    hi all.

i received my lwcra award yesterday.

i understand the 3 month waiting and back payments criteria  etc

my question is that the first fit note i put onto my journal  on the 16th Feb but the fit note was referring to when my illness started which was the 10th January and the fit note was for 10th Jan for 2 months. i provided fit notes for each time correctly up until my award this week

so is my start date for LWCRA the date i provided the first fit note on my journal *16th Feb) or the start  date on the actual date the  fit note  started for my health condition ( i had provided info on my health condition on the main body of my journal as to my illness from the 10th Jan but i only uploaded a fit note/ changed my health condition on the journal on the 16th Feb) or is the start date the 16th Feb

thanks in advance

• poppy123456
    Options
    @irishmancboy it will be from the date you reported your first fit note and not the date on the fit note.

Your first payment will be either June or July. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • irishmancboy
    Options
    @irishmancboy it will be from the date you reported your first fit note and not the date on the fit note.

Your first payment will be either June or July. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month.
    thanks appreciate this loads...

fit note was uploaded 16th Feb 2023

ap is 6-5th so it will be 6thJune 05th July for the first full assessment period?

i assume thats correct
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome. Your waiting period will be March to June.. LCWRA starts from AP 6th June to 5th July and first payment will be 12th July. 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

Please note, the above advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. 
  • irishmancboy
    Options
    You’re welcome. Your waiting period will be March to June.. LCWRA starts from AP 6th June to 5th July and first payment will be 12th July. 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

Please note, the above advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. 
    thank you... this all makes sense...

appreciate your time 
    !!!
  • tattyted68
    Options
    Hi, I had my UC assessment last Monday and today received a letter stating I have been classed as LWCRA, when does this payment start from please. I first reported my illness on 2tth April after surgery, then again on 25th June and again on 8th September. 2023
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi, I had my UC assessment last Monday and today received a letter stating I have been classed as LWCRA, when does this payment start from please. I first reported my illness on 2tth April after surgery, then again on 25th June and again on 8th September. 2023

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA.

Assuming there were no fit note gaps then your first payment will be either August or Sept. The exact date it's paid from will depend on the dates your assessment periods cover or the date you usually receive your money each month.

Edit to add on this thread here, you said you first reported your health condition on 25th April. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/93435/does-this-letter-mean-im-in-the-lcwra-group#latest i need to know the exact date before i can advise.

• tattyted68
    Options
    I have phoned uc this morning to request copy of my report, I was awarded LCWRA on Saturday 30th September, I have been told I won't receive payment until January because I have to wait 3 months after the decision before I get paid, is this right, I put sick notes in on 25th April, had assessment on Monday 25th September 2023
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have phoned uc this morning to request copy of my report, I was awarded LCWRA on Saturday 30th September, I have been told I won't receive payment until January because I have to wait 3 months after the decision before I get paid, is this right, I put sick notes in on 25th April, had assessment on Monday 25th September 2023

No, that's not correct. As i advised previously, the waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made.

Your first payment will be either August or September. The exact date will depend on what dates your assessment periods cover, or what date you usually receive your money each month.
  • craigm95
    craigm95 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I was awarded my lcwra on the 15/10/2023. 

Will I start getting the extra payment in January ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    craigm95 said:
    I was awarded my lcwra on the 15/10/2023. 

Will I start getting the extra payment in January ? 

Advice being given on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/113559/lcwra-payment#latest

• ashmalik2808
    ashmalik2808 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    I gave my fit note from 1 June 2022 continuously.Yesterday 5 Jan 2023 I got letter that I have lcwra.My fit notes are continuing from June 22 .My AP is 8th to 7th of every month.My question is that how many months they back dated me.
    Thanks in advance
  • shelby20
    shelby20 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    So I'm kinda stuck because I came on here a while back and spoke about how I didn't know when I'd recieve my first payment 

I had a fit note sent in 31st of August and it ran out sometime just before my case was referred to the health and disability area and that was on the 14th of September 2023 I was awarded laye November my assesemnt was on the 24th of November 2023 

I usually have an assement period of 7th of one month to the sixth of the other month. I recovered my uc payments on the 13th of each month.

Does anyone know when I will receive the first payment?

There was also a fit not from October that went into November so is my first medical evidence in October or September 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @shellbell20 i answered your question last month on a different thread which you commented on. My advice was this..
    Your waiting period will be... Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from 7th Dec to 6th Jan and first payment will be 13th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

Please note my advice is assuming there were no gaps in your fit notes until a decision was made on your WCA.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Hi 
    I gave my fit note from 1 June 2022 continuously.Yesterday 5 Jan 2023 I got letter that I have lcwra.My fit notes are continuing from June 22 .My AP is 8th to 7th of every month.My question is that how many months they back dated me.
    Thanks in advance

I see from your comments on a previous thread that you were found fit for work a few months ago. Was this decision an MR decision or did you report changes to your health condition and had another work capability assessment?
  • ashmalik2808
    ashmalik2808 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    This is new wca assessment.30 Nov MR results was that I m FFW They send me new questionere which I send back 15 of sep .My assessment was on 22 of December and 5 Jan they put me in lcwra
  • irishmancboy
    Options
    FAO poppy123456

you answered my questions previously and where spot on so thank you..

my assessment was on aug 2023 and was backdated to june 2023 assessment period and all sorted thank you..

i had a chat with my work coach at a meeting in october 2023 and they said i would not need to attend any more work coach meetings etc etc as im now on lcwra.

however, i asked her how long my award would last for and she said normally one year but she didn't really now (which i get as from reading up some people are saying anyone on it currently will be on it until the expected changes/ reform to it expected in 24/25 year as per govt announcement) 

so my questions are, how long is the general award (or is this circumstance specific ) and when is such award from (the sept 23 date actually awarded or from the date it was backdated too?)

i know its probably on a case by case basis but in general what's your thoughts?

also would i be able to ring up the UC helplone and get any info on award duration (ie would it be in my notes on the system eyc?

thanks so much in advance

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.