When will I get my first LCWRA payment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my first LCWRA payment

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,881 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is new wca assessment.30 Nov MR results was that I m FFW They send me new questionere which I send back 15 of sep .My assessment was on 22 of December and 5 Jan they put me in lcwra

What date exactly did you report changes to your health condition? Your fit notes from 1st June do not count because the decision on that was you were found fit for work and the MR decision didn't change that.

For the new WCA the waiting period will start from when you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options

however, i asked her how long my award would last for and she said normally one year but she didn't really now (which i get as from reading up some people are saying anyone on it currently will be on it until the expected changes/ reform to it expected in 24/25 year as per govt announcement) 

so my questions are, how long is the general award (or is this circumstance specific ) and when is such award from (the sept 23 date actually awarded or from the date it was backdated too?)

i know its probably on a case by case basis but in general what's your thoughts?

also would i be able to ring up the UC helplone and get any info on award duration (ie would it be in my notes on the system eyc?

thanks so much in advance

LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. They will give you an estimated date for your next referral but it's just a guide and doesn't mean you will be referred on that date. For this reason it's pointless ringing them to ask.

In the future you will know when it's time for a review because you will receive a message on your journal telling you they have referred you. You will then receive the UC50 form in the post a few days later. From there the process is the same as the first time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ashmalik2808
    ashmalik2808 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    From 1 august 23 my fit note start because there was no report a fit note option and they said that send your fit note under a report a health change that was on 12 August but fit note start from 1 of August.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    From 1 august 23 my fit note start because there was no report a fit note option and they said that send your fit note under a report a health change that was on 12 August but fit note start from 1 of August.
    If they go from when you reported your health condition the 2nd time, your waiting period will be Sept to Dec.. LCWRA starts from 8th Dec to 7th Jan and first payment will be 14th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

For the first WCA you can proceed to Tribunal and if found to have LCWRA then you will be owed some money for that.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    How I appeal for that
  • poppy123456
    Options
    How I appeal for that

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal please also be aware that they will only take into consideration what your conditions were like at the time of your first assessment. Any changes since then will not be taken into consideration.

Any decision made by a Tribunal will not affect your current award because it's the previous decision they will look at.

• ashmalik2808
    Options
    Thanks Poppy you are such a a nice person I appreciate you from my heart.Pip awarded me standard living  and I asked for MR I got msg from pip 2 or 3 times that they do it by 24 of Jan.I provide them about my mental health conditions some evidence because they arrived after my assessment.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks Poppy you are such a a nice person I appreciate you from my heart.Pip awarded me standard living  and I asked for MR I got msg from pip 2 or 3 times that they do it by 24 of Jan.I provide them about my mental health conditions some evidence because they arrived after my assessment.

You're very welcome. Thank you also for such lovely words, they really do mean a lot! For your previous work capability assessment did you have the decision on the MR? If you did then you can proceed to Tribunal now.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Thanks Poppy
    Yes I had my MR decision in my journal on 30 nov.1 month past 
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Actually I don't know that it is my second wca and no back pay included after I awarded lcwra..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Actually I don't know that it is my second wca and no back pay included after I awarded lcwra..

Sorry for the delay, was looking back at your previous comments to try to get the full picture. In a prevous comment you said you were providing fit notes since June 2022, is that correct? When you had that decision you were found fit for work, correct?

In a comment in this thread you said this..

You also said they sent you a new UC50 form and you had your assessment on 22nd December. Can you please confirm that all of this is correct?
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Yes they again send me new questionere which I have to send back before 15 September.After that my assessment was on 22 December.On 5 Jan they asked I was put in lcwra
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    My fit notes was continued from 1 June 22 .Last assessment was 25 April.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    25 April was my first wca assessment.On 10 august they said I m fit for work.I asked for MR .On 30 Nov they asked that They have same decision after MR 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 7
    Options
    Yes they again send me new questionere which I have to send back before 15 September.After that my assessment was on 22 December.On 5 Jan they asked I was put in lcwra

Thank you for confirming that. That means that my advice is correct, your first payment will be 14th January.

My fit notes was continued from 1 June 22 .Last assessment was 25 April.

Yes, i know but the new decision is from reporting changes to your health condition and because you were found fit for work the first time then the waiting period applies now. The new decision doesn't take into consideration your fit notes from June 2022. 

This is why i advised that you would need to take that to Tribunal, if the Tribunal award you LCWRA for the first decision, you will then be owed some extra money.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Hi again
    I just want to know one more thing that lcwra lift benefit cap from us or not for UC??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi again
    I just want to know one more thing that lcwra lift benefit cap from us or not for UC??

Yes, it will! I note from a previous comment of yours that you're claiming PIP so the benefit cap shouldn't be applying to you now anyway because PIP excludes you from this. See link. https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/when-youre-not-affected

You mention "us" are you claiming UC with a partner? If so does your PIP include the daily living part?

• ashmalik2808
    Options
    Yes pip is daily living part.yes we have a joint claim. Thanks 
    Because after  benefit cap we have nothing left.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes pip is daily living part.yes we have a joint claim. Thanks 
    Because after  benefit cap we have nothing left.
    The benefits cap doesn’t apply. Are you sure that you’re having deductions because of this and not for something else? Did you report the changes to UC when you were awarded PIP? 

As your PIP includes the daily living part, if your partner cares for you for at least 35 hours per week then they can claim carers element of UC. 
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    No I didn't tell UC about pip as I thought they automatically know that..Yes my husband takes care of me he  cooks he does cleaning etc..I just tell uc about pip and how my husband claims carers element?
    Thanks Poppy 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.