When will I get my first LCWRA payment - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my first LCWRA payment

Options
124»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You’re welcome! PIP and UC don’t usually communicate with each other. Put a message onto your journal to tell them you’re claiming PIP. 

Then your partner will need to log into their journal and click “report a change of circumstances “ from there they need to click “caring for someone” then report caring for you. The carers element should then be included in your next statement. 

If you were definitely affected by the benefits cap then they will owe you some money. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ashmalik2808
    ashmalik2808 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    Thanks dear
    They just make a appointment for my husband or they automatically approved cares element after reporting it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No appointment is needed. As a carer he will have no work commiments. They will just check your PIP award to make sure it includes the daily living part and then include in with your usual monthly statement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Thanks Poppy
    My husband in his journal do this as you guide .After this  automatically they include carers element or have to do any thing else...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, it will be included and no your husband doesn't need to do anything else. You also need to make sure that you're not being affected by the benefit cap because claiming PIP excludes you from this.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Hi Poppy 
    How are you? I have one issue about council tax, last month they send me remaining bill which is about 400 pounds I went there and asked about it they said your husband income was not included so now included and this is your bill I asked them make a installments because we have no money to pay it .So they make installments for Dec, Jan and Feb 150 pound each month but now i check my account there is 680 pounds remaing bill and no installments I dont know what they do with our bill ..in
    sep they send me 200 pounds remaing which i paid..Every year they do same thing with us ..pip payment is included in bill as income because last time when we went there and asked they send us letter about bill and in letter pip weekly payment is included in it...I am on pip and also lcwra ..can i have no council tax discounts ?? Every time they do this with us 
    Any help or guidance 
    🙏Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @ashmalik2808 i'm tired after a very busy couple of weeks moving house. You mentioned your husbands income, does he work? If so and his earnings are more than £722/month then you shouldn't have been affected by the benefit cap, even without a PIP award.

For council tax reduction your PIP award should not affect it in a bad way because it's not means tested. Other than that i'm afraid i can't advise about your council tax because all local Authorities have their own rules.
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Oh so sorry to disturb you  because moving home is very big headache..
    Yes my husband monthly salary is 823 pounds.
    Lcwra  award  cannot help for council tax discounts.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's not a problem. I moved in 8 days ago and just trying to get the last few things sorted, some pictures on the walls and a few other bits and pieces.

Then you wouldn't have been affected by the benefit cap. LCWRA will not entitle you to council tax discount. Council Tax reduction is different to discount and entitlement to this will depend on your circumstances, which i can't advise on because all local authorities are different.

You can use a benefits calculator to see what it comes up with and that will give you some idea. You will need to make sure you put all your details, including your PIP and LCWRA, as well as your husbands details and earnings. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

• ashmalik2808
    Options
    Hi Poppy once again
    Yesterday I called pip for my MR decision.First automated voice said that my payment is ....and paid on 17 of May...Then I again call and one person attend call and said that your decision is made on 18 of jan.i asked for what the decision is but he said that we can't tell you and wait for the letter.Again try and automated tell me payment of next 5 months and will be pay in May 
    What it means..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The automated payment lines are known for giving incorrect information. I thought you said you had a PIP award? Or did you challenge the decision because you're not happy with the award you have?
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    Yes I have pip award and I put MR
  • ashmalik2808
    Options
    I awarded pip on 1 of november.i put MR on 23 of November . Yesterday I call they said decision is made and wait for letter what the decision is? Automated line give me onwards 5 months pip payment information which is paid on 17 of May...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will just need to wait for the decision letter.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.