Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

UCD35

Options
Ray212
Ray212 Community member Posts: 386 Pioneering
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,

I get LCW part of UC, I think thats right and late last year I applied for and was awarded PIP. Shortly after getting PIP my future UC appointment dissapeared.

Now I have received a UCD35 entry in the journal saying I need to fill in a new questionnaire and if needed another work capability assessment.

I thought those assessments were paused?

But even if not I have to go through the whole thing again with the UC50 form? Which looks pretty much the same as the PIP form.

Should I just put what I wrote on the PIP form on the UC50 form? Nothing has changed, don't know why they cannot use the same information. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,529 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The WCA reviews have started back for some people so unfortunately, you will receive the UC50 form in the post within the next week. You will need to fill it in and return it with all your supporting evidence.

It's not the same as the PIP form at all. There's a guide here to the UC50 form. It says ESA50 but the forms are identical. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form-esa/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Many thanks, I just read the first few bits which said like walking over 50 meters etc. Just seems odd that very shortly after I was awarded PIP my future jobcentre advisor interviews were cancelled and then this. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    You can see the descriptors here for LCWRA https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity Please be aware that the mobilising activity also takes into consideration your ability to use a self propel wheelchair.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Ah right, makes sense, its worded oddly, well enough to have to read it several times. I don't use a wheelchair but have trouble walking :/ 

• poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you don't use a wheelchair. They will still take this into consideration. Therefore the question is "could" you use a self propel wheelchair? If you can't then you will need to make sure you cover that area when filling out the form.

Don't just tell then you can't use a wheelchair, tell them why you wouldn't be able to use one and what would happen if you attempted to use one.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Ah gotcha, its back problems for me, sitting down for a length of time causes pain in the base of my spine. Same issue when walking. Been with pain management over 2 years and I am now on the "we will teach you to live it" stage as nothing else has worked :/
  • Ray212
    Options
    Does everyone write there replies to the UC50? I have so much to write it hurts my hand and my hand writing is rubbish. Wish it was online like pip! 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    Does everyone write there replies to the UC50? I have so much to write it hurts my hand and my hand writing is rubbish. Wish it was online like pip! 
    Type it up and print off and attach to the UC50. On the form itself write ‘see attached’. Include your name and NI number on every additional page you send.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Ah I didn't know you could do that. Last time I ran out of space, was writing down the margin and everything. That was ESA back then but the form looks the same/similar especially the boxes I need to write a lot in. So I can do that for every question that needs a reply?
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    Ah I didn't know you could do that. Last time I ran out of space, was writing down the margin and everything. That was ESA back then but the form looks the same/similar especially the boxes I need to write a lot in. So I can do that for every question that needs a reply?
    You can download the UC50 form here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uc50-form-universal-credit-capability-for-work-questionnaire You can then type in the actual form and send that. If you need extra sheets of paper type them and print them off. 
    For those claiming ESA the form is also available online. Both the ESA and UC50 forms are identical. 
  • Ray212
    Options
    Many thanks I never knew that. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No worries. I did it this way when i filled out my daughters UC50 form back in 2021. It was so much better than hand writing everthing as my writing isn't the best. Not only that you can save it and come back to it when you want to and everything is in one place. It's also handy for the next time you have a review.

Don't forget to put your name and NI number on everything you send.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Yes I have the same issue with writing. So with the boxes, I guess when they fill up you then need to write on a separate piece of paper?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    Yes I have the same issue with writing. So with the boxes, I guess when they fill up you then need to write on a separate piece of paper?

Yes but make sure that you write which question it relates to.
  • Ray212
    Options
    Many thanks, will do.
  • calcotti
    Options
    I have always done it on extra pages as I described earlier. If you download the form and complete it as poppy describes I can’t remember if the form they actually send you has a bar code on it and if so you will need to send that. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I can’t remember if the form they actually send you has a bar code on it and if so you will need to send that. 
    It doesn’t have a barcode on it. I downloaded and sent the online form for my daughter back in 2021 without any issues. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I can’t remember if the form they actually send you has a bar code on it and if so you will need to send that. 
    It doesn’t have a barcode on it. I downloaded and sent the online form for my daughter back in 2021 without any issues. 
    Thanks poppy, I must have been thinking of a PIP2 form (which I’m fairly sure does have a bar code).
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    calcotti said:
    Thanks poppy, I must have been thinking of a PIP2 form (which I’m fairly sure does have a bar code).
    No problem. Yes, it’s the PIP2 form that has the bar code. This is why it’s not available to download online. Same applied to the DLA form. 
  • Ray212
    Options
    Rather than create a new thread, I have noticed on the UC50 form there is a section that says :

"About other Healthcare Professionals, carers, friends or relatives who know the most about your disability, illness or health condition"

But it only has room for 1 person, there are at least 3 people I need to reference, do I have to select just 1 person?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.