How is your day going?

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,944 Championing
    Morning all, had a bad night, nightmares etc, just a blip i'm hoping, dull and overcast here, i hope everyone has a good day, i'm not doing much, just taking it easy, x
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

Morning all I hope yous have a nice day. It’s wet and dull here to I’m getting picked up for my hospital appointment at the back off 10.

@Ada
    Thanks Ada I hope your feeling a bit better this morning.

@Grinchy
    Sorry you had a bad night and as you say I hope it’s a blip, I hope you can doze off throughout the day.

@Teigr
    Morning I hope you have a nice day despite the rain.

❤️
  • Lou67

@Beaver79
    Morning we must’ve posted at the same time. 
    Thank you and I hope your dogs booster goes well. 

❤️
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Good morning everyone

@Lou67

About learning to drive, you might be surprised given my attitude to driving and cars today but I used to think exactly the same as you, I was really nervous of learning to drive

If the instructor is any good they will ease you into it gently. For example on your first lesson they will take you to a quiet industrial estate or somewhere similar where you can get to grips with the controls and stuff, you won't be expected to start driving round town or on the motorway :D 

Also it goes without saying but you won't be alone because by law you can't go out alone as a learner so you will always have someone with you for support. Also if it's more comforting for you you can get someone like your daughter to teach you to drive. The law doesn't make it compulsory to have driving lessons, anyone can teach you, however with Motability you might want to look into the insurance implications of that because I don't know how that works with being a learner

Good luck :blush: 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Thanks @Beaver79 and same to you. Is your dog OK with having the booster?

Our dog is a pain in general but he is absolutely fine with injections for some reason!
  • Lou67
    66Mustang said:
    Good morning everyone

@Lou67

About learning to drive, you might be surprised given my attitude to driving and cars today but I used to think exactly the same as you, I was really nervous of learning to drive

If the instructor is any good they will ease you into it gently. For example on your first lesson they will take you to a quiet industrial estate or somewhere similar where you can get to grips with the controls and stuff, you won't be expected to start driving round town or on the motorway :D 

Also it goes without saying but you won't be alone because by law you can't go out alone as a learner so you will always have someone with you for support. Also if it's more comforting for you you can get someone like your daughter to teach you to drive. The law doesn't make it compulsory to have driving lessons, anyone can teach you, however with Motability you might want to look into the insurance implications of that because I don't know how that works with being a learner

Good luck :blush: 
    Good morning I hope your feeling better today.
    Oh I could never get my daughter to teach me, I think I would abandon the car 😂
    I will think about it but I’m honestly not to sure but thanks for all the advice.
    I hope you have a lovely day. 
    I’m getting a lift to hospital from hospital transport and the man turned up at 9.20 instead off 10.15 so I had to rush. He sat in the car till I got myself sorted. 
    When I went into the car he apologised said he phoned the transport team and it was their mistake 🙄

❤️

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,255 Online Community Coordinator
    Oh what a pain @Lou67, but I guess better to be really early than really late?

And morning to everyone, sorry I've been super busy today, but wanted to stop in and wish y'all a lovely day.  
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 565 Championing
    Hi everyone 
    @Ada glad you are breathing a bit easier 
    @Lou67 fingers crossed its discharge today 
    Had a bad night too @Grinchy. I have to pick up prescriptions and can see it far enough. My get up and go has got up and gone!
  • Lou67

Hi I’m on my way home, they weren’t happy with my wound the charge nurse that's been dealing with me except last week he was off. 
    He said it looked better 2 weeks ago. So he’s tried something new he used something to burn it and dressed it again. 
    So I’m back next week again 😢

@Ada
    Hi are you feeling any better.

@Marydoll5
    Aww I’m sorry your not feeling like going out, I hope you feel better soon. 

@Sandy_123
    Hi Sandy I hope your doing good today.

❤️
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Afternoon Everyone :) 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,263 Championing
    Afternoon @Hannah_Scope
    @ada glad your feeling a bit better 
    @Marydoll5 hope you feel better later too 
    @Lou67 oh no that's disappointing 
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Hi Ada I’m ok the now it was just a bit sore while he was doing it. But hopefully be better next week.

@Sandy_123
    Yes I was really disappointed when the dressing came off and he sd oh I’m not happy with that🙄 I shouldn’t moan because I’ve been looked after really well. 

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    They have looked after you well but it's still disappointing after all these weeks hopefully next week 
  • Albus_Scope
    But I bet she will appreciate being made up all fancy for you @Ada :)
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Aww how lovely for Betty to get to see her friends 😊
    Im going out a drive and for a cuppa with my friend for a wee while. 

@Sandy_123
    Yes it was definitely disappointing
    Catch yous all later.

❤️
  • Albus_Scope
    Have a lovely time @Lou67, so sorry to hear the knee is still giving you the run around. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Afternoon @ada :) Are the antibiotics doing their thing? 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    I'm so glad they are working. Get you on the mend! <3 I am feeling ok thank you :) 
  • Sandy_123
    Betty will look lovely when she's back @ada glad the chest clearing up