How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,263 Championing
    Hopefully she won't be long she'll be excited to see you
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Awww yay! Does the groomer user scented items for her? My Gwen comes back smelling like marshmallows or baby powder sometimes :D
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Awww I bet she loved the pamper <3 
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Empowering
    Evening everyone,
    I had to take my 12yr old dog to the vets yesterday, it was just an ear infection I was pleased when the vet commented on him looking good for his age, not seen her before at the practice. I can’t believe animal prescriptions have gone up again… now at £30, there should be a cap on what theses vets can charge, in 2022 I was only paying £12 for a prescription, I buy his meds online for quarter of the price.. so to make it worth paying for the prescription I ask for a few repeats. 

@Lou67
    Your new car looks amazing, they are supposed to be really comfortable and better for getting in and out of, my friend has one and loves it. Hope you get a better review on your knee next week 🤞🏻.

@Ada  
    Betty looks lovely, she has a very shiny coat, my dog has allergies too my vet recommended putting on a raw diet some years ago, it helped with his tum and itching but when the seasons change he gets flare up’s, I have to keep his bed clean and sudocrem him up once a week, it’s a never ending battle but he’s  part of the family and I’m glad he came to us…As my vet said you can never reallyknow exactly what his allergies are so I just got to do my best for him.

Hope everyone’s has a good evening. 
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Empowering
    @Grinchy

Sounds like to had a nice trip out and the fresh air must of helped with catching a few zzzz, hope you have a better night.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing
    edited March 13

@Ada
    Aww Betty looks adorable the groomers done an amazing job🥰

@Beaver79
    Aww thanks yes I was definitely disappointed but need to keep positive as they are trying everything with it. 

@Zimba
    Aww so sorry to read your dogs prescriptions have jumped so high everything has just got so expensive.
    Oh yes I definitely felt better getting in and out the car yesterday thank you.

@Grinchy
    Oh I’m so glad you had a lovely day with your wife. I hope you sleep better tonight. 

@Marydoll5
    Hi I hope you got the prescriptions ok today and you’re feeling a bit better.

@Sandy_123
    Hi Sandy I hope you’ve had a nice day.

I hope I haven’t missed anyone out.

❤️
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,440 Championing
    That's a fine bit of beautification Betty's had @Ada.

Scout could do with a tidy up but I don't have time to do it.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,944 Championing
    missed the pic @Ada, she looks lovely, thanks @Zimba and @Lou67
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Hi Ada I hope your watching MAFS with me.

@Teigr
    Hi I hope you have a nice night. 

❤️
  • Teigr
    How long now since your operation @Lou67?
  • Teigr
    I'll be having a busy night @Lou67,the workmen were here today getting everything ready to fit the new wood burner tomorrow.
    It rained all day and they were in and out with bags of rubble so the hallway floor is filthy.
  • Lou67
    edited March 13

@Teigr
    It will be 8 weeks tomorrow Teigr.

Oh I can imagine the mess but it’ll be so worth it once it’s all done. 

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    @Grinchy sounds a nice day out
    @ada Betty looks beautiful bet she was glad to be home. 
    Hope you had coffee out @Lou67
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,455 Championing
    I'm so sorry your wound hasn't as yet healed up properly @Lou67 - but you're doing so well with your positive attitude :)
    Hi @Grinchy - great you & your wife managed a visit to the marina, & a picnic! I also hope you sleep better tonight.
    Hi @Zimba - my son & his wife's little Bedlington terrier also has allergy problems, & his vet doesn't know what they are either. Just a thought, but after paying for prescriptions (& after also buying similar cheaper products online that his vet recommended), they've tried him with hemp tablets, & he seems to be doing better so much, & is also that tad bit calmer near my cat....tho he can't help being a terrier!
    Makes me smile a bit, as I've been taking CBD oil, which is from the hemp plant, for over 4 years, which helps me with my pain, & my son & his wife have teased about this. There's unfortunately little enough research done on CBD for humans, let alone our canine friends, but I do know about many people that think CBD also helps their dogs. Perhaps worth a try. He's doing the best we've seen in the past 2-3 years.
  • Lou67

@chiarieds
    Thank you I just keep telling myself it’ll get better soon.
    I hope your keeping well. 

@Sandy_123
    I had tea and a cookie in Starbucks Sandy.

@Ada
    Sometimes it can be sad watching how some off them treat each other.

❤️
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Yes I thought that’s what you meant lol 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,455 Championing
    As far as CBD oil goes in humans, it's thought to promote homeostasis, so whatever ails you is helped by keeping things in equilabrium, or a better balance. CBD can potentially help with pain & anxiety especially. Perhaps, from what I've read over the past 4 years, it can indeed also help dogs. Possibly worth a discussion with your vets.... some have seen that dogs can indeed be helped by hemp products too.
  • Lou67
    Ada said:
    Lou67 said:

@Ada
    Yes I thought that’s what you meant lol 
    Lol we’re. Equal in we both don’t like to be touched. But I’m not as old fashioned as he is. He disgusted with any adverts to do with any bodily functions like tampons. Etc. Or even the word durex on tv. He doesn’t get embarrassed he gets angry on Twitter lol. ( I don’t do twitter) 
    I don’t do Twitter either Ada I don’t do any social media.
  • Sandy_123
    I love the cookies in there @Lou67 especially  the short bread one