How is your day going?

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,973 Online Community Coordinator
    I'm a bit late saying hello today but good afternoon everyone :) hope you're having a good day so far.

Hope everything goes okay for your husband's admission @Marydoll5

Fingers crossed we can help work out what's going on @Ada, sorry you're having issues!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,156 Championing
    Try again with a coffee the last one slipped out my hand on the table, right next to an extention lead. Lucky it didn't flood the sockets. 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing
    @Sandy_123 thank goodness it didn't go over you or the sockets.

I phoned hospital as instructed this morning to see if there's a bed. Got a voicemail asking for a message to be left if it was about admission and nurse would get back to me. 

Still nothing so I rang the ward and asked to speak to the nurse in charge. She said they have their own neuro bed coordinator and she was in training till 4pm. They were short of beds and he may have to come in tomorrow but bed coordinator will ring round electives after 4pm.

This is stress we don't  need. I can't believe that a team of consultants etc are waiting for him if there's a bed. It's a big operation but you wouldn't think it. I'm annoyed and so stressed 😒 
  • Sandy_123
    @Marydoll5 hopefully you get a call after 4 if there is a bed it would 9f been reserved so fingers crossed 

• Marydoll5
    @Sandy_123 that's the way it should work but no. He has been off blood thinners from Sunday and is insulin dependent diabetic so this isn't good guessing when he gets a bed. 

If they say come tomorrow that's fine but I find it hard to believe no bed was reserved as operation could be 3 hours long.

I'll wait for the phone call and go from there
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,973 Online Community Coordinator
    Keeping everything crossed that he gets a bed soon @Marydoll5
  • Sandy_123
    Good luck @Marydoll5
    Ive just had an excited 5 year old here for her gifts
    There away to pizza hut now

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    @Marydoll5 sorry I don't really know anything about how hospitals coordinate stuff like that but just want to say I hope you aren't left in limbo for too much longer
  • Marydoll5
    We got the phone call! He is being admitted at 730pm tonight and is the only elective surgery tomorrow bar emergencies. 

They need a neurosurgeon, radiographer and anaesthetist plus nursing teams. I'm so glad!

@Sandy_123 that's a perfect birthday dinner. Oh to be 5! Thanks @Beaver79 and  @66Mustang and @Rosie_Scope, @Lou67 @Ada.

I've done everyone's head in today sorry!!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,624 Championing

@Marydoll5
    Aww I’m so pleased yous got the call. It’ll be a big relief.
    Yous will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Take care ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Oh @Marydoll5 I'm so pleased you got the go ahead now. Good luck to your hubby and we are all here for you to support.  If you ever need a chat my pms are always open 
  • Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,497 Championing
    Lou67 said:

@66Mustang
    Hi I hope your doing good. Oh 3 are a handful lol 2 are sisters the other one is their cousin. 
    My sons been and took Polly for her school visit so only 2 here now. 

@Beaver79
    I hope your feeling ok today. Yes it’s great to have them I just usually never take the 3 off them together. 

@Ada
    Hiya Ada I hope you managed to get a sleep.

@Amberpearl
    Morning I hope your cats are ok they are lucky to have you.

❤️
    They are still the same  
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing
    Don't be sorry @Marydoll5,it's a stressful time for you and your OH.

I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.
  • Teigr
    No sign of @Ada?

I thought she might have come back while I was picking the wallpaper paste out of my hair.
  • 66Mustang
    edited May 14
    I hope she manages to get back online soon, it's not the same without her :(
  • Teigr
    The blocking thing sounded very odd @66Mustang,I hope the admins can sort it out for her.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,624 Championing

Hey everyone I hope yous are having a nice night.
    Ive had a busy day and I’m feeling a bit drained now so just going to take it easy. Catch yous later.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    I don’t really understand exactly what’s wrong - she could get on using her partner’s phone so I kind of suspect it’s not something Scope have put on her account, otherwise it’d block her regardless of where she logged in from

Unless it’s an accidental block imposed on her IP address and her partner’s phone is on a different network
  • 66Mustang
    See you tomorrow @Lou67

have a nice evening
  • loladale87
    loladale87 Community member Posts: 41 Empowering
    I've had a fairly chill day, relieved a call saying my washing machine parts are in, however it's a pretty big job so they have to take my washing machine away and I will have a loan one. My machine was delivered the week before good Friday, on good Friday two of the long things in the drum snapped. It's finally getting sorted now (it was brand new too). 
    I'm absolutely exhausted no matter how much sleep I get I just can't get the energy.