How is your day going?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator
    Yup, I'm doing my Scope work from the office/shed today as I'm having a new standing desk fitted, so I've had to dismantle my beloved PC for a bit.  :D 

It's lovely out here actually, though a pigeon just tried to come in and say hello.  :#

And you're definitely an inspiration my friend, you're doing great things. :) 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Thanks @Albus_Scope that's so kind of you to say!! :open_mouth: 

I've seen standing desks before but never have tried one, I don't like to dismiss anything without experiencing it but I don't know about standing for a long period when I'm trying to concentrate on stuff...I guess it's healthier? Have you used a standing desk before?
  • Albus_Scope
    Just saying what I see @66Mustang :)

I've not used a standing desk before, but I have that fun issue of having lower limb disabilities, but also needing to occasionally pace around (thanks neurodivergence) so an electric desk will allow me to rest my legs when needed, or the desk can go up so I can pace about. :)

It's meant to be healthier and better for posture too. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,153 Championing
    Enjoy your walk @Lou67 I'm just having a coffee then going to start 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing
    Hi everyone 
    @Lou67 I'll keep your mum in my thoughts today and you too

I really miss @Ada badly. Hope she gets back on soon

@Albus_Scope that sounds like a lovely office 

My partner is in surgery and I have to ring in the afternoon to see how it went. He will be overnight in high dependency then back to the ward. I'm glad it's getting done but naturally worried for him.

@66Mustang your attitude is brilliant striving to hit more goals.

Everyone else have a good day 😊 
  • Albus_Scope
    Best of luck to your partner @Marydoll5 Hopefully they'll let him have some jelly and ice cream tonight if he's a good boy. :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Thanks @Marydoll5 very much :blush: 

Its good your partner is in now and in hopefully being taken care of well, are you not allowed to be with him at the hospital?
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    Awwww I'm thinking of you and your husband @Marydoll5!!! <3<3 I hope the wait isn't too awful for you! Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts to you both <3 
  • Marydoll5
    @66Mustang Not right now. I'm not sure if I can be in the high dependency unit but I'll find out when I ring them.

@Beaver79 hope you are feeling a bit better today 

@Albus_Scope he he
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing
    I'd imagine the results would be pretty quick @Lou67,Mr Teigr's mum had a check up the week before last(she's had bladder cancer)and she was told within days that everything was fine.
  • Teigr
    edited May 15
    I'm still keeping everything crossed for you @Marydoll5,I couldn't see Mr Teigr until the day after his cancer surgery and the waiting around was awful.

Mind, I slept like a baby the night of his operation because I'd been awake worrying for the whole of the night before.
  • Teigr
    I'll post a pic as soon as I finish @Sandy_123,the wallpapering's almost done but the room will need cleaning before I reveal all.

I'll also need a session or two of hypnotherapy to retrieve the long buried memory of what I did with the curtain hooks.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,624 Championing

Oh I ended up taking 2 off my granddaughters to the park to let my son go to the gym he picked them up an hour later.
    My other granddaughter hasn’t been to well the past couple off days, she’s had ongoing issues since she was about 2 she’s 5 now with her stomach and they still haven’t gotten to the bottom off it. 
    My daughter had her at the doctor this morning the doctor had sent her up the hospital her heart rate is high and she’s dehydrated, along with her sore stomach and sickness. It’s just a worry along with worrying about my mum, we haven’t heard how she got on yet.

Sorry for rambling on ❤️
  • Lou67
    edited May 15

@Biblokept
    Im so pleased to see you posting I have left you a msg on your post about your shoulder. 

@Marydoll5
    Thank you that’s so kind of you with everything you have going on, I hope the op goes well and you hear he’s out off surgery soon.

@Teigr
    Aww that’s great your mother in laws results were all clear. 
    Thanks yes I wouldn’t imagine it won’t be to long for results. 

❤️
  • loladale87
    loladale87 Community member Posts: 41 Empowering
    @Lou67 goodluck for today.

My cooker has been cancelled, arrowxl the courier have damaged it  :| I've given up on the idea of a cooker atm and going to order a freezer through a local company. 
  • Lou67

@loladale87
    Thank you, oh that’s shocking you have had some amount off messing about. Argos is always great with delivery’s not sure if you would look on there site. I hope you get sorted soon.

❤️
  • Albus_Scope
    Oh what an utter pain @loladale87 I'm so sorry! Hopefully they'll be able to get a replacement to you soon.

My desk has just been built and unfortunately its a good 40cms smaller in length than I was expecting. But I'll still be able to work from it, so it'll be ok. :)
  • Albus_Scope
    I've just spoken to Ada via email. She's still not having any luck signing in, but she's asked me to send her love to you lovely lot. :) 

It's sounding like it might be an iPhone issue, rather than her being hacked. So that's something at least. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,153 Championing
    That's good @Albus_Scope
    @Lou67 sorry to read about your grandaughter hope they get to the bottom of it and she recovers soon, no age to be ill
  • Marydoll5
    @Lou67 you have a lot on your mind. I really hope that they get to the bottom of what is making your wee granddaughter ill. 

@Teigr you hit the nail on the head. I didn't sleep for worry last night and the waiting is awful.

I got someone to answer the phone in recovery and he's still in theatre. They don't know how long as it's in the interventional radiology suite. The nurse was really kind and took my number and when he's with them and stable they will ring me. I just have to wait and hope.