How is your day going?

Comments

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,421 Championing

Housework today @Lou67 and I've got a couple of cakes to bake.

• Teigr

I hate it when pets are ill @Amberpearl ,it's such a worry.

• Teigr

We need a new roof @Albus_Scope ,but that's maybe a job for next year.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

Hah, yes it's something that we'd been putting off for a few years since moving in, but after finding out our guttering was pretty much just for show, sis decided it was probably time to push the button on it all.

• Teigr
    edited May 17

We had one section of ours done a while ago after storm damage to the extension roof.There's not really anything wrong with the other sections but I think getting it done would make the house easier to sell when it's time to downsize.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing

Is a new roof expensive? Is it something that needs doing often?? I used to want a thatch roof cottage but I read about the amount it costs and that it only lasts perhaps 20-40 years. Also, the amount and size of spiders that they attract put me off as well, so now I think I have narrowed down my search criteria to an old cottage but it has to have a "normal" roof but I wouldn't write off a thatch roof if it was otherwise perfect

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,543 Championing

@66Mustang , I apologise for the late response I had to do some food shopping. I will get back to you soon . Sending kind regards to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and be kind to yourself too. I'm just going to have something to eat . Thanks for the support.

• 66Mustang

Enjoy your day @Strawberry1 and don't worry there is no rush 😊

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

@Albus_Scope
    Oh that’s great they will be finished by Monday and definitely a bonus you have the shed to hide in 😊

@66Mustang

I got a call from the dentist at 11 there had been a mix up with appointments could I make it in for 11.30 I sd no I wouldn’t make it and asked what the mix up was she sd the dentist is leaving at 12 and it hadn’t been marked down 🙄 so going next week now.

@Teigr You do so well your always busy can we see the cakes later.

❤️

• Albus_Scope

It's unfortunately quite expensive @66Mustang it was quite painful for sis actually haha. But hopefully it'll help us save on bills in the long run and as Teigr said, add a bit to the house value is sis ever wants to sell. 🙂

I'm hoping @Teigr posts some cake photos today. 😁

Oh blimey, what a palaver @Lou67 I hate it when that happens!

• 66Mustang

@Lou67

Ohh that must have been annoying for you because I know you have to plan how you will get there and stuff, it's not like just jumping in the car

@Albus_Scope

I don't know lots about property but if it's anything like fixing a car it doesn't increase the value by the amount you spend but like you say it saves on bills and looks nicer as well😊

• Albus_Scope

@66Mustang yup that sounds about right! We've also got the folks from Octopus energy coming in a few weeks to add wall cavity insulation and drip vents, so that'll help with energy costs too. It's all go here, so I just need to keep hiding until the weekend. 😅

• Teigr

It depends on the type of roof @66Mustang ,ours would cost about ten grand.

• 66Mustang

@Teigr

Thanks, that's a lot less than a thatch roof and I'm guessing would last far longer as well

I guess thatched roofs look nicer but why pay to benefit everyone else when you can't appreciate it from inside the house?? 😂

• Teigr

I'll post some cake photos if they turn out okay.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

@66Mustang @Albus_Scope

Yes it’s definitely a pain as I had mentally prepared to go and arranged a lift and stuff, but it was just a check up but I still get anxious going 🙄 I’m going to phone my mum see if she’s in and go up and annoy her again lol

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 11,209 Championing

good afternoon everyone

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,948 Online Community Coordinator

Ooh lovely @Teigr! Such a nice fireplace too.

Afternoon @durhamjaide2001 ! How are you doing today?

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

I posted but can't see it. Tagging isn't working. I'm thinking of you. Please let me know if you could see this and post just before. I'm so fatigued it's not normal