How is your day going?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing

@Albus_Scope are you from the USA?? I hope you don’t think I’m being a Grammar Nazi but I notice you use the American spellings a lot with words like “colour” and stuff 😆

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

I'm not, but sometimes my spellchecker seems to want me to move, apologies for it making me sound American! 😆

• 66Mustang
    edited May 31

@Ada

I can kind of relate to having people in my house, even though I live with family

If I had my own house I think it would be like my sanctuary, the final place I can escape to when there is nowhere else, if someone's in there then I kind of have nowhere else to go. Maybe that sounds silly but maybe that makes sense??

• 66Mustang

Ha ha @Ada we once had a carpenter who chatted really in depth about philosophy, I wondered why he was a carpenter as he seemed like an intellectual, but then a philosophy degree is known for not getting you anywhere in a career and trades are meant to pay really well!!! 😆

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,949 Online Community Coordinator

Eeek @Ada, that's no good! Hopefully you can get it sorted soon without anything serious happening!

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

@Ada omg that's awful. Glad he's gone!

@Beaver79 enjoy the garden. I saw an offer for dwarf fruit trees but Brexit strikes again. No delivery to Northern Ireland. Its ridiculous how many plants its affected that won't go from England to Northern Ireland.

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

@66Mustang I think it's the mix I'm using as it's for idiot beginners like me. I'm sure you don't need olive oil making ciabatta from scratch. Maybe it's the texture your mum doesn't like.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,143 Championing

Im not long back from the village, seemed to have crammed a lot in today. Resting with a nice coffee now

• Sandy_123

not for me @Ada but I did buy kids some treats . Got weighed today I seem to be stuck, it's goes up and down 1kg I'm still10.4kg down

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

Hey everyone I hope yous are having a nice day and enjoy your night.
    I’ve had a busy day went for my food shop with my daughter then into Home Bargains got a few bits for the kids. Then into Next outlet I got a beautiful outfit for my youngest granddaughter. I’ve just made my dinner so catch yous later.

@Sandy_123
    I hope you got some nice stuff from the Village.

@Ada
    I hope they get the part for the boiler quick.

❤️

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing
    edited May 31

I like olive oil @66Mustang but I can't stand olives.

Ciabatta does have a bit of a weird texture,I prefer flatbread.

Preferably with chilli and garlic.

• Sandy_123
    edited May 31

I got a few bits from home bargains @lou67 garden lights and crisps. Treats for kids and paper and pens for them and fruit and a few other things. Couldn't find anything in the clothes shop.

It was nice to be out for a few hours. Our nearest next outlet is in Brum city. Glad you got an outfit

• Teigr

We had a new boiler in 2021 @Ada and the guy who fitted it left us with a dodgy gas supply.

He also disconnected the fire without telling us and the people who fixed it told us that he did it because there might have been an explosion if we had the fire on while someone was showering or running a bath.

We had no idea because we hardly ever bother with the fire and it took us over a year to notice that the pilot light was out.

• Teigr

The boiler was okay @talis,but the gas pipe was too small.

• 66Mustang

@Ada hi 😊 I hope you can relax now the gas man has gone. Thanks for asking after me, I think we are just having a quiet and relaxing evening, maybe I will go for a drive though!! Are you OK?

• WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 770 Championing

I don't mind the question at all … I shave it because 1.) it takes years off me being close to the skull (think Max off the Tweenies … ) 2. My wife would divorce me if I had a centre parting starting at my ear and the rest combed over 😛

I must admit I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had hair. 34 years without it … God's punishment for being a poseur in my teens is my theory

Thanks everyone. Thoroughly enjoyed looking at the gardens … only 2 negatives, the parts I couldn't see due to mobility and my wife's apparent art of subterfuge. i didn't know the cases were in the boot, and thought it was only a day out

I hope everyone has a stress free, dry sunny weekend … no wifi issues, aches and pains are a given for most of us but hope they're at a minimum

Me ? Trying to sort my phone out. Messing with cement today and I've abraded my thumb print off. And forgotten my passcode, 😫 .. so effectively locked myself out until my print grows back or I find the lil' slip of paper

My wife is right. A liability lol

• 66Mustang

@WelshBlue thanks for explaining!!

The unfortunate thing is by the time your thumb print grows back, the device will ask you for your passcode anyway if it's anything like mine 😐️ if you go for like a week without logging in it will only let you use the passcode

• 66Mustang

I hope you manage to sleep soundly @Ada, I think these recalls are for extreme safety, there's probably a manufacturing fault or something and one in a million will catch fire but they have to recall them all just in case. I guess you have had it this long without any problems so no reason it won't last a few more weeks. But I understand it's a worry and hope they fix it soon

• Sandy_123

Thanks @ada hope you get your boiler sorted soon.

Had someone knock the door. Which I wasn't going to answer. But kept knocking so I did. Was 2 men with tablets saying weve bought your meds. I take it off them and say I haven't ordered any. Took a box out and looked at the name . Wasn't mine. Then they left. They need to be careful because if I didn't check I might have been someone who took them.

• Sandy_123

hi @Talis her gp will be the best person to speak to, if she is suicidal then a&e may be best