How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,146 Championing
    edited May 31

Morning @66Mustang hope your ok. I'm popping to the village later so will pick a few things up. Looks like most of us are going out

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

@Sandy_123
    Hi enjoy going out with your friend to the village mind get yourself a wee treat 😊

• Sandy_123

Hi @Lou67 yes I will have a mooch in home bargains. Hope you have a nice day out shopping too

• Sandy_123

Morning @ada nothing worse then next being too slow

• Lou67

@Sandy_123
    I might bump into you In HB 😂

@Ada
    Sorry you are still having trouble with your WiFi, would your partner not get up so he can deal with the gas man, as he must know how much it affects you.

@Marydoll5
    Hi Mary just a wee msg to let you know I’m thinking off you and your partner I hope yous are doing as good as possible.

❤️

• Sandy_123

Wouldn't that be fun @lou67 . I spend ages in there. So many things to look at

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 783 Empowering

66Mustang..... It is a great place to work, whatever team you work in and they certainly go to the Nnth degrees to make adjustments and also make you feel welcome. There was a good TV programme (The Undeclared War) a couple of years ago if you see it around anout the place.

Lou67..…. Thanks fir your wishes, it means a lot and goes a long way to help. One of the hardest thing with me is accepting the way things are now. I haven't always been like this. I use to ne very active. I played Rugby, Badminton, Golf and whatever else took my fancy on a given day. I guess one of my biggest problems when I lay here like this is feeling sorry for myself. I try not to and mostly I don't. However, every nowcand them it creeps up me. I agree about the hot water bottles and heat packs. I find a long (about 2 feet) hot water bottle particularly helps.

Strawberry1...…. Thankyou do much for your blessings. It helps me a lot knowing that so many people care.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing

Hi @Ada 😊 good luck having the boiler service, I know it's stressful, do you at least get the same person do the service as last year or can it be anyone??

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,543 Championing

@Ada , thinking of you 🤗 ❤️. Sorry to hear how things are at the moment. Hope the gas man gets things over and done with quickly. Don't be a stranger. Sending lots of love ❤️. Your not on your own I don't like strangers in the house .

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,543 Championing

Hi @Sandy_123 👋👋👋. Hope you have a reasonable day today 😊.

• Sandy_123

Hi @Strawberry1 hope your doing good

• Lou67

@Ada
    I suppose you are better dealing with it yourself then as it would probably stress you more if your partner was up. Good luck.

@AndyGT
    It’s only natural to feel a bit sorry for ourselves from time to time I think that’s normal, but it’s great you don’t do it often as I know from personal experience it can make me worse if I dwell on it to long. I hope your pain eases soon.

❤️

• Lou67

@Ada
    Aww you’d be more than welcome here ❤️

• 66Mustang

I have an aunt and uncle, the uncle is Scottish and the Aunt is from Yorkshire and they always have (friendly) arguments about how each other's culture is bad 😂

• 66Mustang

@Ada

That reminds me of a saying my Granny used to say when she saw a grumpy person

"they have a face like a bulldog that's just swallowed a wasp"

😊

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing

It's just grey and dull here @Ada,it'll probably brighten up at 7 o'clock tonight when it's too late to do anything.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

Our pets love going after wasps or bees, we call them "spicy flies"

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

Hi everyone

@Ada it's far from boring you are please never think that. You are my warrior that inspires me remember!

@AndyGT you have a heck of a lot of change to cope with and pain puts us in a place that's difficult too. I think you are doing well being on here and vocalising your thoughts as it is so easy to close down and hide (like I did). Please know that I am here to help in any way I can as are everyone here

@Albus_Scope enjoy your xbox fest. I wish we had a laugh button as so many people's posts are funny. You being one of them and it's nice to acknowledge that. Just a thought.

This afternoon I am going to try baking bread and scones. I say baking.…its a bread mix pack I add olive oil to and it turns into ciabatta bread. Not on @Teigr level at all 🤣.

Enjoy your afternoon all my Scopicles! tagging would take too long

• 66Mustang

@Marydoll5 does ciabatta bread have olive oil in it?? My Mum has never liked ciabatta but never knew why, but she doesn't like olives, so that would make sense!!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

Awww thanks @Marydoll5 a life without humor is a life without meaning. Gotta help everyone get a smile on their face, even if it's only for a second. 😁